Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

mooncat2

Right, I never come here because I thought it was for those who were creating decks. A chance link led me to discovering this thread - how very fortunate.

Like Galadrial I'm thankful to be in time to pre-order , something I've never done before.

Cats, cats and more cats - I'm in heaven!

baba-prague

Well, we were asked (all deck creators that is) some time ago not to put decks in progress on to the main "decks" area. I think it's fair enough really, as it's acceptable to put a notice there once the deck is published. It is a bit odd sometimes though. Some people know all about the deck and others don't! But maybe that's part of the fun? I will try to at least get the okay to make some announcement a week or two before publication so people here are not cut out of the pre-ordering.

There is a slight pause now as we have to finish a panorama. In fact, doing these has had a tremendous influence on the deck, so although it feels like a frustrating "time out" of the cards in one way, in another it gives us a forced break and fresh look - and every time it seems to in fact make the cards better.

I will post a link to the panorama (I've just realised, you are probably thinking "panorama" what's she talking about?") when it's done. But it is HUGE, so it may have to be some very reduced version only. It has an alternative Fool scenario - and I love it!

________

edited to say. By the way, I decided in my mind that the 500th post also gets a prize (along with Hedera's prize for being the person to spot Alex's colour matching) - I thought it would never happen though!

We are having LARGE art postcards printed (i.e they are beautiful quality and we hope good enough to frame). They will be done in about three weeks probably. So you each get a set of six (we are only doing six) of either Cats or Prague. You can of course send me addresses and "Oy, where is it then?" pms at the time if I forget - as we will be near to print and I will probably be a s(cat)terbrained wreck!

_____

edited to say - more cards edited into the post above. I will do as many as I can :)

_N_

Just a few simple words - you should have NEVER been nervous about uploading these - it's wonderful.

N

baba-prague

Thank-you. But I really WAS nervous. Tarot of Prague is a very serious deck (well, it also has its own sense of humour, and not all put there by us - Prague is a strange old city) and I imagined that people might find this deck flippant and be a bit surprised that this was our next piece of work.

In fact, it's not flippant. It's in some ways absurd (absurdist?), but in other ways it really does have its own seriousness (you know what I mean, it's done as well as we can do it on every level, and it will read with some surprising directness we think) even if it's fantastical and decorative.

So - thanks for the encouragement. It will be almost a year of full-time work for both of us by the time it's out, so at this point we are totally absorbed and think of little else at times.

By the way, I find your name surprising - and sort of wonderful. What's the story of it please?

_N_

Easy enough surface story for the name - it's a letter which matches my birth number. OK, I'll spill ;) - it's the first letter of my craft name as well (which I "discovered" through meditation and soul searching as well as numerolgy) - which also matches my birth number and which I feel so much more is "me" than my given name - Gail - which never seemed to fit and always made me feel like "Charlie Brown" - a total loser who couldn't do anything right, who no one really liked but who everyone used. And I felt that way loooong before I found out that "Gail" was totally wrong, numerically, for my birth number/chart, so I figure there must be something to the whole thing.
And finally, it's just a whole lot easier for you and I to type "N" than to type in a whole name - less is more :)

N

baba-prague

I actually quite like Gail, but if it feels wrong then I can understand. I actually changed my name once in my life (sort of accidentally, everyone just began calling me by a nickname) and then went back to Karen as a bit of a rite of passage thing. Now Alex is quite intrigued again by the earlier name (which I won't mention!)

_N_

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you that Gail is a pretty name, but it just never seemed to be "me" - all the way from when I was just a wee babe I didn't like it much.

N

baba-prague

Yes, it's funny how sometimes a name just doesn't "fit". I find my own transition between my two names very odd. I have a feeling Alex will go back to my "nickname" and in a way that may be the right name for him to use. It's very intimate to me though and I've never encouraged anyone but a very few close people to use it. Not for any reason, just because it feels very personal.

All this is very interesting. We should start a thread in Chat or somewhere. I've haven't thought much about it for a while. But names ARE powerful things, aren't they?

Anyway, we are getting a bit off-thread here so I'll just say that I've edited in a few more cards, and I am trying to decide if the Page of Swords should be flying a dragon-fly on a string!

Cocobird55

Hi

First, thanks to HudsonGray for letting us know that this form existed. I had always assumed it was just for people working decks...

I love the pictures from this deck. It's awesome -- I look at images and stare and smile.

I didn't find the pre-ordering information. Please let me know where it is, so that I can do it.

Sue

baba-prague

Hi - thank-you!
I will try to keep posting images in the post above. The thing that slows it down is needing to take them down to a small size and put on copyright notices - after our real scare over this we are being very careful. It is just a fiddle to do, so I doubt I'll do anything like all the cards - but a good selection anyway.

The pre-ordering is all on the website - www.bohemian-cats.com

and more cards are there too - and as much other stuff as I've been able to put up (I need to put up more links and some more of the background sketches etc - IF I can do that and get the cards finished!)

This work is very odd - we both find it draws us in and we do things like forgetting to eat. I think our cats have hypnotised us - they probably have plans for stardom LOL!