Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

scorpio

I thought i was the only one having a "blonde moment" when trying to order the deck! The set hasn't even arrived and the cats are complaining that they have nothing to wear! I don't use bags for all my decks, but i was thinking what to put the cats in since the set doesn't come with a box and thought how cool it would be if the lady who designed the costumes made bag/spread cloth for the deck and maybe for the collector set too. The style of the deck is too specific for just any old ordinary bag, they want a baroque bohemian cat carrier!

ambermoon

Ah, the order page makes sense now. Now I can wait in happy anticipation like everyone else, having ordered everything in sight.

the ever so blonde ambermoon

baba-prague

scorpio said:
The set hasn't even arrived and the cats are complaining that they have nothing to wear!

That's cats for you. Show them a nice bodice and next thing you know they are demanding a tiara to go with it!

HudsonGray

Retrospective look--- Ok, now that the deck's been out for a bit, has the first printing of 5,000 sold out completely yet? Will the second printing be as large?

I'm curious if you've kept track of which country ordered the most decks? It'd be cool to see which country has the most cat loving tarot readers.

baba-prague

HudsonGray said:
Retrospective look--- Ok, now that the deck's been out for a bit, has the first printing of 5,000 sold out completely yet? Will the second printing be as large?

I'm curious if you've kept track of which country ordered the most decks? It'd be cool to see which country has the most cat loving tarot readers.

Oh! I was surprised to see this bumped!

We're not sold out yet (remember that our shop distribution is a small fraction of what the "biggies" are - for example we are not in any of the big US chains as yet - and most of publishing is about distribution), but the deck HAS sold really well and the boxes are going down quite fast. To be honest we haven't even thought about reprints yet though - so not sure about figures but I expect probably about the same again.

We are doing another reprint of the Tarot of Prague second edition this summer, and we need to get that (and the new decks) safely printed before thinking of anything else. We also need to get back to wondering about the large-card (very) limited edition of Baroque Bohemian Cats. It's possible - I hope - that we may print that with See of Logos. But there is a lot to do!

We don't keep track of countries - although I can say that Baroque Bohemian Cats sells far better in Japan and Taiwan than Tarot of Prague does - roughly twice as many. But I think I can see that the decorative/dressed cats/designery/historical aspects are very appealing there.

I hope that answers the questions.

annik

Recently, I saw the tarot of Prague and the Baroque Bohemian Cat at an local store. I find that cool!

Alta

I have seen the Prague kit for sale here, not the BBCats though.

Greywoolfe

Baba-Prague, I'd just like to say I ADORE the BBC deck!! :) My wife and I are ardent cat-lovers, and I bought the deck and book for her a few days ago. She is thoroughly delighted with it, and I honestly think it's one of the most beautiful tarot decks I've seen. We found a purr-fect tarot box for it, quite by chance. A local store had a selection of hand-made and painted wooden boxes, and there was one painted in cream, with a gold border. The lid has a painting of a cat playing with a ball of wool in a kind of similar style to Russian church Icons, and it suits the deck very well. Love the deck, can't wait for Nosfelinus the Vampuss in September. (Just in time for my wifes' birthday!!)

:T2C

baba-prague

Oh goodness, I think I should have seen this one two weeks ago, but better late than never to say many thanks indeed, and I'm so glad you are enjoying the deck.

The box sounds amazingly appropriate - what a great find!

The Vampuss is printed by the way, and is even as we speak heading across the oceans to the USA. It's much darker than the Bohemian Cats, and - I hope - very funny and strange.

Now we have NO cats projects and I feel a bit bereft - but I expect we'll be back with some cat imagery again next year, meantime we are going to do more with the pictures we have (in sketch form as well as finished - it really amounts to quite a lot now) - we have some nice ideas in the pipeline.