difference between Tarot and Astrology?

Kagura

There is a small gap between Tarot and Astrology, but is there something tha connects them?

You can read the stars as you read the cards or someones hand.

some people says that Tarot comes from astrolgy, but is that true? or is it just something that "flies" in the air?

littleneptune

I see an astrological connection in my tarot readings...for example, I've got some Pluto in the 8th house transits going on in my chart, and having been getting the "Death" card alot lately. Same with a Neptune-Mercury transit that has the Knight of Cups showing up frequently nowadays. I think the energies are always the same, just different ways of tracking them.

lunalafey

tarot and astrology are as alike and different as bingo and algebra.
Tarot is interperted by the random placement of cards where astrology uses a specific formula.
Tarot has intergrated the infuences of signs and planets in the major arcana (and some times signs for the court cards).....but not all decks do this.

Kagura

okey?

so what you both are saying that you can read both of them and still get the same answer???

Minderwiz

There is no direct connection between Tarot and Astrology - but as they are both divinatory methods I am not be surprised if they pointed to similar conclusions.

They certainly share some similar concepts and there have been attempts to try and establish systematic links - but personally I prefer to treat them as independent systems, both of which I regularly use.