The Stars

poivre

The star on the crown of the Chariot card & the Star in the Star card are these two connected in anyway.
Is the Chariot carrying the Star untill it reaches its full brightness of it's own card of the #17?

inanna_tarot

ohh the star was my card for yesterday and if you noticed the star is a 8 pointed star, and on the Star card theres only 7, and i thought ohhh odd, why 7 when its got 8 points, maybe thats the missing star?! hmm
Maybe the Charioteer of the microcosm is being poured back into the macrocosm, perhaps after a tragic event in battle or something (thinking about the Tower before) and has "died" so he can be reborn/reincarnated in the rivers of the Star, but pouring away all the anger and bloodshed and negative lessons in his life, away into a seperate stream.

Woah, bit deep for tea time! lol

Sezo

inanna_tarot

masonic symbolism and other crazy things like that are bit above my head, though they do definately interest me.

Sezo
x

Phoenyx*

inanna_tarot said:
masonic symbolism and other crazy things like that are bit above my head, though they do definately interest me.

Sezo
x

You're not kidding, its above my head too. 0.0

inanna_tarot

Any help out there for the masonically stumped?

Sezo
x

Phoenyx*

Thank you for the link Vincent, now I've got more to read. :)

Peredur

Masonic symbolism

As most people are aware, A.E. Waite was a Freemason, as were many of the original founders of the Golden Dawn. In most Masonic Lodges the floor consists of a mosaic pavement with a star in the center which symbolizes Divine Providence. Masonry is often referred to as an ethereal mansion, veiled from mortal eyes by the starry firmament, and is frequently depicted by seven stars in the west located above the Senior Warden's chair. In the third and highest degree in Craft (Blue) Masonry the candidate, after being restored to life following a symbolic "death", is instructed to lift his eyes to the bright morning star, located above the Worshipful Master's chair, whose rising gives peace and salvation to the faithful and obedient of the human race. In the three degrees both of the candidate's shoes are removed and replaced by slippers. He wears his socks, but one or both heels is made bare. The pillars depicted on The High Priestess card refer to Boaz and Jachin, that stood before the porchway or entrance to King Solomon's temple. On two of the cards, II and VIII of swords, a blindfold is shown. The candidate in the first degree wears a hoodwink (blindfold) and is said to be in a state of darkness. On the III of pentacles, the figure on the left is obviously a stonemason, wears the protective apron, and is using a chisel and setting maul as tools of his trade. That's about it for Masonic symbolism in the RWS deck. It is sometimes said that a masonic apron is shown on the front of the chariot of the card bearing this name, but I think that is stretching things a bit.
Bob