Page of swords and nine (9) of wands

libratwin

I sent a relaxing positive quick little nature video to a friend of mine that things have been not as positive as they should be between us lately to try and calm things. I did not receive a response.

From a six card spread,
I got page of swords and nine of wands combination as his reaction to the video.

To me page is messages and nine of wands is weary. So does this mean that he does not want me to contact him anymore? Or it got on his nerves?

libratwin

No one??

No one wants to help?

rwcarter

From a six card spread,
I got page of swords and nine of wands combination as his reaction to the video.
You asked about his reaction to the video and not to your attempt to reach out to him? Strange, but okay. I would've thought the latter would be more important to you.

Pages can be seen as messages, but the PS could be seen as an unwelcome message and the 9W could be seen as being tired of "it".

So look back to the message you sent. Did you just send a video (or a link to a video) and nothing else? Or did you at least enclose a quick message like "thinking of you" or "thought you might like this"? You're assuming he saw the video, which he may or may not have assuming he even opened the email. And unless you said in your email to "let me know what you think of this", he doesn't have to respond to an email just because he gets one.

His reaction to the video may have been more to what the video implied than the video itself - an indirect method to reopen the lines of communication with him. Those two cards suggest that he saw through the attempt and he's not taking the bait, instead keeping his guard up.

Rodney

libratwin

Thank you Rodney! Yes it was a quick video I sent thru text and did a quick "thinking of you" type of message with it.

He didn't respond to my nice text, so I asked. I really haven't talked to him since our disagreement and by your response, it seems that my attempt at trying to make nice wasn't welcomed.

libratwin

Oh. And my attempt to reach out was kind of on the other cards. These two were his reaction.

libratwin

Received a response.

Two days later he sends me a "how are you doing" response. So I guess his response wasn't too bad.

mabcosmic

My interpretation of the cards:

Page of Swords - pages tend to symbolize immaturity to me. His reaction to the video is unappreciative and harsh (if even in his own mind) and he views feel good stuff as a sign of weakness.

Nine of Wands - I always view this card as a card of watchfulness and being on guard. Depending on the situation, it can sometimes symbolize paranoia. This particular situation, however, I'm getting the impression that he's waiting to see what you do next.

Whatever disagreement you two had has seemed to bring out control issues on his part. He is ignoring you to protect his own position in the situation, and it buys him time to use the situation to his own advantage.

libratwin

My interpretation of the cards:

Page of Swords - pages tend to symbolize immaturity to me. His reaction to the video is unappreciative and harsh (if even in his own mind) and he views feel good stuff as a sign of weakness.

Nine of Wands - I always view this card as a card of watchfulness and being on guard. Depending on the situation, it can sometimes symbolize paranoia. This particular situation, however, I'm getting the impression that he's waiting to see what you do next.

Whatever disagreement you two had has seemed to bring out control issues on his part. He is ignoring you to protect his own position in the situation, and it buys him time to use the situation to his own advantage.

I like that. Thank you. Makes sense

Grizabella

The Page of Swords is sometimes seen as spying and the 9 of Wands shows a person who is rather defensive against something. They suggest to me that his reaction, at least initially, might have been to wonder if you might be stalker-ish in sending him that video. However, that doesn't mean you are behaving as a stalker, but just that this may have entered his mind, however briefly, and he's watchful in case anything more happens. There are people who will prowl social sites online trying to keep track of what their ex is doing and the thought may cross his mind since you weren't on good terms.