Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

Wheel of Fantastic

Hi, this is only my second post on the forum, I've been a long time lurker but felt it was time to come in from the cold!

I'm a big fan of the Rider Waite and keep a regular look out for both vintage and new Waite decks. Last week on Amazon.de I caught sight of a deck by Konigsfurt Urania called 'the Premium Tarot von A.E. Waite' which had the crackle brown backs of the Pam A, B, C, D decks.

It was quite affordable so I bought one. When it arrived I was pretty impressed. It comes in a 2 piece orange lift off box with the Magician on the lid. Imagine the colours of the PCS centennial deck without the artificial aged tinting, with the original brown back crackle pattern, and smooth papery matte card stock of a vintage 70s Rider.

Yep, I'm impressed with this deck - there is no copyright anywhere on the cards.

If there are any downsides it's that the card titles are in German but that doesn't bother me. The not so little LWB has a whole page for each card but it's all in German.

I haven't seen this particular edition mentioned here and it's only available in Europe but available from German Amazon. Thought I'd give the deck a shout out for Rider fans. Personally, it's now my 2nd favourite Rider Waite edition behind my Blue Box 70s deck.

If anyone else gets this deck it would be interesting to compare it to the other Riders, I wish US Games would do something like this.

Le Fanu

You know, I saw one of these in my local esoteric shop (and yes, I'm in Europe) and something about it got me curious.

I don't think it was in German though but I remember the box and the title "Premium edition" (in English, I'm pretty sure). It was the same as the one linked by CharlotteK.

Since it was shrink-wrapped, I asked the shop assistant about it and she couldn't tell me anything about it. I even got her to ring the AG Muller rep and ask. There was a picture of it in the catalogue but it just showed the box. I asked what made it premium but was told it's just like the standard one but now seeing that tiny pictures of the crackle backs, I'm very excited.

And yet cannot help thinking that it will abruptly, mysteriously vanish within a year...

Wheel of Fantastic

@Charlottek
Yes, that's the deck. I didn't realise it was on Amazon UK but it looks like the UK website is sourcing them from Amazon.de.

I have no idea if this is a limited edition thing or not, it only came out this year. I guess if you want one order it now, it's pretty affordable at £10.99!

It could be around for ages or it could become the future OOP deck you have to give your spleen to own.

CharlotteK

My radiant rider white is incredibly tatty, so I could do with a new RW deck anyway as i always refer back to it. That price is great. I'm in :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Laura Borealis

I see it on Amazon US, too. (Search under the name Premium Tarot von A.E. Waite.) There are new and used copies.

I'm very tempted because of those crackle pattern backs... though I don't really need another RWS.

Wheel of Fantastic

I keep trying to tell myself I don't need another RW deck; hasn't worked so far...

The day I get a Pam A or B will be the day I stop. So basically never!

agviz

I see two listings on Amazon for the regular size. Perhaps one is with the orange box and the other a tuck box? Just a guess. Yet another listing is for a giant size.

Thanks Wheel of Fantastic for mentioning this! I went ahead and purchased the one that seems to be in the orange box.

Philippe

On Amazon France there are 3 sizes : regular, pocket & mini. The orange one is the pocket size apparently