General Oracles Study Group Week 2

kmartin60

I was suprised on how hard this exercise was! 1 never would have thought that.

I had:
FIRE=18
WATER=19?
AIR=13?
EARTH=14

BUT...I had a hard time cause on some of the Fire ones they would do equally as much as if they were consigned to Air and Im sure the other 2 elements also had such combo's but the ones that really stood out to me was the fire ones. But I also didnt get to do it slow and relaxed and concentrate method either...sighs that is noticable by the one's with ??...the cards and my counts dont match.....(stupid kitten)

I actually think quite a few of mine are possibly off. i just jumped with what came to my mind when i touched them even without looking at them...so...will try to set down and dig a bit deeper after i lock someone up in a time out! ggrrrr......

ROFL

krystalkitty

lol at the kitten.. I have the same but babies who like to run off with my cards ;)

I went back through what i did originally as after i typed it just had a niggle feeling that some were not suited in fact I shuffled a lot around after reading the explanation again of which were which..

So still fairly even I had
water 13
air 10
earth 9
fire 11

so just a slight tweaking from the original count. Some of the cards I think could have maybe gone in more than one catorgory perhaps but put them where I feel they best represent
Thanks for such an interesting exercise

DragonFae

I like the elements....It is hard because some might sort of fit more than one....but I think as long as you stay consistent with where you have them (fire, water etc) then it will work and add another working element (no pun intended) to your readings...

For example:

The Laume (water) Iris of the Rainbow (water) Taitin the Sylph (air)

The center card...light breaking through, hope.

Supported by a water card which is opposite an air card (neutral)....so we know the possiblity of the light and hope is a bit stronger than it might be standing alone.

But how will it influence the hope and breaking light? The Laume gives us the clue...through unconditional giving and/or receiving. Perhaps even a balance of giving and receiving.

So there is a situation or the issue is one where there needs to be a "break". There needs to be hope. It is likely this will happen (two supporting water cards would make it highly likely)..this hope will come in the form of unconditional giving and receiving or perhaps when the person balances their giving and receiving.

P.S.....you might even read it as "highly likely" because Iris of the Rainbow sits between air and water...so both might be viewed as supporting her.

Does that make sense?

Rosie_0801

They seem alike but I read the water one as things being stuck in a situation (where there is the potential for movement but it is not happening) and the earth one as things being very stable...as a long term sort of situation and more positivre in nature than perhaps the water one...

What do you think? those are the two in that regard that I struggle with for sure.

Hmm. I see water as more beginnings and endings of emotional cycles of various magnitude where Earth is in the middle of cycles of any kind.

DragonFae

Hmmm...now that's something to add to my understanding...thanks Rosie 0801

Elendil

Wisdom of the Hidden Realms

An interesting exercise....
I tried not to think too long over each card before assigning it to an element and was surprised when I had finished at how relatively even the groupings are.

FIRE: 11 cards
WATER: 9 cards
AIR: 12 cards
EARTH: 12 cards

I have noted in my journal which cards have been assigned to each of the elements for future consideration.

DragonFae

Yes I think it was interesting too....and a nice division.

My whole hope with the topics (elements and otherwise) is that they will get us using the decks more, stretch our thinking and perhaps broaden and deepen our understanding of meanings. They give us different ways to see the cards and once certain cards have been used in an activity...I feel like we will remember the meanings better because we have something concrete (a memory of the actiivty) to anchor the card in our minds.

kmartin60

noddiing I just re-read the thread where you did the 3 readings using the elemental additions to the Faeries and it does add a whole new deeper understanding to them...

A deeper view point....Really cause one to stop and think more! pretty amazing......def. adding new dimensions and depth to our understanding I think.

magpie9

Heart of Faerie Oracle

I had to do it twice. The first time there were a bunch of cards I had no idea whatsoeverabout, so I looked them up. Then I resorted. I think my choices would probably be different if I was more familiar with the deck, and expect that it will change again. I got
14 Fire, Fire being passion, willpower, determination, rapid change, spirit.
18 Water, Water being emotion, flow, heart, fear, pleasure, love, trust, all that. I don't see water in any way as being without movement. I lived by the sea for a very long time and to me, all water always moves, except stagnant water...which is more the exception than the rule, since water moves even in swamps, just slowly. I spent a year by a swamp, too.
14 Earth, Earth being Grounded, growth cycles, the Earth itself, Natural processes, (I have no idea why I'm using Caps here...) food, house, warm blankies, comfort, food, hobbits, and all that
19 Air, Air being thought, mental activity, wisdom, confusion, trickiness, flim-flam, truth or the lack of it, but not troubles per se, those I mostly divided up between air and water, depending on their root cause as I saw it.
Really interesting exercise, thanks for coming up with it, Dreagonfae. I will have to really think about the elemental dignitaries before attempting them.