Night Spread

RavenOfSummer

This is a simple night spread, for reflection in the evening or before bed. I often find I want a very simple reading before bed, and created this spread with that in mind.

**2**
1***4
**3**

Card 1: Represents us as we reflect on this night. Can be thought of as a significator.
Card 2: Something you did well today.
Card 3: Something to work on tomorrow.
Card 4: Something to release.

I actually was inspired by a prayer from The New Zealand Prayer Book to create this spread- it’s a prayer that’s often used at the vespers service at my local Unitarian Universalist church here in Washington, D.C. The stanza from the prayer is:

It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done;
let it be.

The full prayer can be found here. I think this prayer is so beautiful and captures a lot of the way I often feel reflecting at the end of a day. Perhaps I’ll do a longer version of the spread that relates to the full prayer- but I often find I only want a short and simple spread before bed, so this one works for me :) I hope you will also find it useful!

FLizarraga

This is a very beautiful spread. Simple and to the point. It is indeed ideal for using it nightly. :heart:

Though I guess with a little tweaking (like just using more cards for each position), or maybe just as is, it could also be used for the end of a longer period of time, like a season, or a year. I think I could easily use it as it is for an end-of-year spread. With a juicy enough deck, it's probably all I'd need.

Thanks, RavenofSummer!

RavenOfSummer

This is a very beautiful spread. Simple and to the point. It is indeed ideal for using it nightly. :heart:

Though I guess with a little tweaking (like just using more cards for each position), or maybe just as is, it could also be used for the end of a longer period of time, like a season, or a year. I think I could easily use it as it is for an end-of-year spread. With a juicy enough deck, it's probably all I'd need.

Thanks, RavenofSummer!

I'm so glad you like it FLizarraga! I really like your idea- I hadn't thought of using it at the end of a season, year, etc, but I think it could work! :)

Barleywine

The "end of season" thought gave me an idea. On the Winter Solstice I do a "wheel of the year" spread with seasonal (quarterly) and monthly positions. I could see taking the quarterly and monthly cards and using them as Card #1 for this layout at the end of a period. It would serve as a kind of "recapitulation" (or "final flowering") of the original energy.

RavenOfSummer

The "end of season" thought gave me an idea. On the Winter Solstice I do a "wheel of the year" spread with seasonal (quarterly) and monthly positions. I could see taking the quarterly and monthly cards and using them as Card #1 for this layout at the end of a period. It would serve as a kind of "recapitulation" (or "final flowering") of the original energy.

Love that idea! A great way to integrate those cards throughout the year.

Eadwine

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing RavenOfSummer.

I actual found the prayer link very beneficial for a Christian friend so I sent it to her hoping it will help her with her issues.

So.. thanks again :)

RavenOfSummer

I love this! Thanks so much for sharing RavenOfSummer.

I actual found the prayer link very beneficial for a Christian friend so I sent it to her hoping it will help her with her issues.

So.. thanks again :)

No problem Eadwine! :)

And I hope the prayer is helpful for your friend. I'm not Christian but I still find this prayer very moving :love:

obeygravity

oh gosh this is such a nice spread! I'm feeling tempted to do this every night as opposed to doing a reading at the start of the day.

RiverRunsDeep

I'm an end-of-the-day reader, and I think this spread is a lovely way to end the day! Thank you for sharing it, RavenOfSummer.