Pearls Of Wisdom Study Group index thread

TheLovers2

I can't believe I can't see the WHOLE THING!!!

My bottom line with Pearls of Wisdom is that I WANT TO SEE THE ENTIRE DECK.

I appreciate so much that Sulis has scanned some of them, but, I just want to see them all before ordering.

Well, if anyone knows where/how I might be able to do that, please let me know.

I'm sure you know how it is. :)

TL2 :TLOVE

Hexi

whole deck

We haven't put up a web site as yet, showing the entire deck, though we have thought about an "Official Pearls of Wisdom Tarot" site.

If there is sufficient interest, we will look into creating it. Especially if there is any interest in "other merchandise" such as prints.

This is all new to us, we are open to suggestions and ideas. We do want to get our deck and book out there, already it is in many different countries and we think that is amazing!

Sometimes a little mystery is a good thing.... especially, if you already like the images you have seen, you will probably like the rest. The feedback we have received, so far, has been very positive... If you haven't already looked, there are some more images in the Top Ten Decks page when you click on PoW tarot.
Hexi

TheLovers2

From what I've seen thus far, I'm likely to get it.

Hexi said:
We haven't put up a web site as yet, showing the entire deck, though we have thought about an "Official Pearls of Wisdom Tarot" site.

If there is sufficient interest, we will look into creating it. Especially if there is any interest in "other merchandise" such as prints.

Well, Hexi (rhymes with sexy) :) I know that you said that you are open to ideas and suggestions and so I'M SUGGESTING putting the whole deck out there for people to see. In the six or so years that I have been buying decks, I've found it to be so extremely helpful to be able to check out the entire deck.

Unfortunately, decks can be "misleading" so to speak, in that you see a few cards that you really like, but, after perusing the whole deck one realizes it's not for them based on many of the other cards. Of course, this is all subjective because what makes one person turn on his heels, draws someone else.

Sometimes, it's just one card that is such a turn-off that you just know you'd not get past it. On the flip side, isn't it a wonderful thing when you feel compatibility (enough so, anyway) with all the cards that you delight in having the deck. Get ready to get happy, then, because YOU REALIZE THAT YOU'VE MADE A CONNECTION that's so worth it!

As to other merchandise . . . well, how many times have we become aware of the "other stuff" created by an artist because and only because we were looking to see scans of the entire deck. I've visited many an artist's website searching for the "whole thing." Fortunately, there are sites where decks are posted in their entirety and here at Aeclectic we have a thread that shows where you can go to see many of the decks you may be curious about. It's probably the Thread that's looked at the most. Often, as I'm sure you know, people will exhibit their collections on their websites, posting scans of entire decks. I love them for it, believe me.

What's cool, too is when it works conversely. I've seen a few cards and didn't think I'd like the deck and then take a look at the whole thing and get drawn in.

Really, Roxi, I hope that I may have in some way encouraged you further regarding this. It is a great way to pique MORE interest and again, once there I usually look at whatever else may be offered.

I have looked at as many cards as I can find of PoW and am trusting that there wouldn't be any cards that would really push me away. PoW is so colorful and uplifting, from what I've seen I don't think that you could deviate much from the style and character of a deck like this. It seems that it would be pretty congruent.

Cards that I especially like to see upfront are: Death, 10 of Swords, Devil. I would love for Sulis to post scans of these - I don't think they're up. I'll check.

Thanks Roxi - so far it's been very enjoyable in terms of what I have seen - they wake me up, give me lots to look at, play with and examine, I can't imagine ever being bored with them (THERE ARE 78 OF THEM FOR GOODNESS SAKE - A PARTY). When I look at scans of PoW it is for some reason like being thirsty and getting my thirst quenched. Kind of "Aaaahhhh! That was good. I needed that!" More.

TL2 :TLOVE

Hexi

images of Pearls of Wisdom Tarot Deck

Hello everyone, thought I would let you know that we now have up a web site that includes a slide show of the Major Arcana and the Aces. Hopefully this will give people a good idea of what the deck is all about.

There are links to the Aecliectic Tarot forum, to reviews, retailers, distributors and much more. Check it out and let me know what you think.
We will be adding the pip cards over time as things go along.

http://www.pearlsofwisdomtarot.com/

Thanks again for everyone's interest and contributions to the study group. I do check in now and then, always with amazement.

Marli

Omg!!!

Hexi,

I just went to the site and saw that you posted my quote from Amazon!!! I am soooo honored! I then clicked on the link of my name and saw the full quote on DNK Amazon... I am so glad that my review was of use to you - and as a matter of fact, I have talked about this deck so much, that 4 more of my friends have since ordered it from Amazon!!

Keep up the great work Hexi

Warmest Regards,
Marli

Hexi

Exciting UPDATE!!!

Due to the many comments on AT regarding the quality of the Pearls of Wisdom Deck, the publisher, 7th House, has decided to put out a new revised edition. Here is what the publisher has to say.

"For enthusiasts, the second edition cards are slightly larger with dark border and matte coating and the book has been expanded by 50%. Perfectly perfect in every way" 7th House web site.
http://www.7th-house.com/pearlsofwisdom.html

Caeli and I spent last summer revising the booklet, which will now be 150 pages with full colour images throughout. I have not seen a deck yet, but I am so excited about it. It you are too and you want to pre-order you can contact 7th House to get on the list. I believe that a small number will be available Nov. 27th, and the rest of the shipment will arrive in January.

At this time I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to AT for this wonderful forum and to all who have taken the time to write about the POW cards, and even share their concerns with the deck. This has all led to a bigger and better deck.

Those that have the first deck, you can consider them "collector decks" as the remaining inventory will be destroyed, and only the new decks will be available in the new year. I hope that the new cards will allow everyone to see the images better, and that the new booklet will offer more insights as well.

Again THANKS to everyone at/on the AECLECTIC TAROT FORUM FOR YOUR AWESOME SUPPORT, ADVICE AND INSIGHTS INTO THE PEARLS OF WISDOM TAROT.
LOVE Hexi.
www.pearlsofwisdomtarot.com

AJ

Hexi, your links are broken. Do you not have the website anymore?
PMing about a deck.

Hexi

Pearls of Wisdom Web site

new web site at www.roxisim@tarotguild.com
you can order a deck, prints and greeting cards here.
I am also on FaceBook under Pearls of Wisdom Tarot and Roxi Sim. Hope to see you there.
Cheers
Hexi