TGC The Game Crafter and Shipping costs

gregory

Thank the LORD for that :) How it took so long....

Winterchild

Shipping

The shipping options to NZ havent changed..... I have a credit to use at GC and want to get Zombie Apocalypse Tarot (thanks for that greggors!!!) ut they want 42 bucks shipping!!! Last time I got 2 decks and it was 21....

Can I get the Zombie anywhere wlse does anyone know?

gregory

To be fair, while $42 seems rather a lot, it is a large (like postcard sized cards) and quite heavy deck, not your usual little one. But I use a mole in the US to order from GC. I may or may not change my mind....

Just looked and checked - a deck that I know to be small is now $6 to the UK (great; when I got it sent to the US it would have cost $25 to the UK, so...) and weighs 12 oz. The ZA woudl cost $17 - and weighs 24 oz. Sooooo... It is a mite hefty !

Just saying. You DID check US first class mail rather than priority ?

HudsonGray

Agreed, check the different price structure for shipping. You know the weight and the countries of origin.

Here's the Postal calculator.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/
Choose the country from the drop menu, click on 'package', insert the weight 1 lb. 8 oz., the next screen always shows the most expensive option - just go to the 'first class' blue box and open that. It's $14.34 for shipping to New Zealand. If you chose Priority Small Box International it's $16.94.

tarotlyn

:):heart: So how did TGC 'change' if they are still charging $44 when it should be only $14.34
or at the most 16.94 for priority?

gregory

:):heart: So how did TGC 'change' if they are still charging $44 when it should be only $14.34
or at the most 16.94 for priority?

That is a heavy deck. It may be correct :(

tarotlyn

That is a heavy deck. It may be correct :(

:heart: gregory, i thought you said in your post#53?:
quoting you: "The ZA woudl cost $17 - and weighs 24 oz. Sooooo... It is a mite hefty !"...
...end quote...

Therefore, 24 ounces is equal to 24 / 16 = 1.5 pounds = 1 lb 8 oz

So, HudsonGray shows below (quoting her post) shows that it would only be $14.34 or
$16.94 priority for 1 lb 8oz to New Zealand:

Agreed, check the different price structure for shipping. You know the weight and the countries of origin.

Here's the Postal calculator.
http://ircalc.usps.gov/
Choose the country from the drop menu, click on 'package', insert the weight 1 lb. 8 oz., the next screen always shows the most expensive option - just go to the 'first class' blue box and open that. It's $14.34 for shipping to New Zealand. If you chose Priority Small Box International it's $16.94.

...sorry, gregory, am i missing something? you did say 24 ozs for the Zombie deck...right?

:heart: Lyn

gregory

I did. And that would mean it might cost more on the grounds of weight ? It is also quite a lot larger than most. I haven't a "small box international" here to test, but it is just possible it wouldn't fit...

Dunno - it was just a thought.

tarotlyn

I did. And that would mean it might cost more on the grounds of weight ? It is also quite a lot larger than most. I haven't a "small box international" here to test, but it is just possible it wouldn't fit...

Dunno - it was just a thought.
well, does the Zombie deck come with a book? or just the deck?

Priority Mail® International Small Flat Rate Box** (i calculated this going to New Zealand)
Maximum Value for Contents: $400.00
USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Maximum weight 4 pounds.
6 - 10 business days
$16.95
$16.95

If just a deck, i can't imagine the cards being larger than this small priority package sized box,
which is 8 5/8 inches x 5 3/8 inches ...are the Zombie cards that big?

This flat rate box takes up to 4 lbs... surely the cards don't weigh over 4 lbs? :bugeyed: right?

You can check it out here:
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10324&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13
(this was calculated to New Zealand)

If that link doesn't show up, then try this:

http://ircalc.usps.com/?country=10324
(click on the 'more' tab on the right to get to the priority box in question)

...hope those links are working

:heart: Lyn

Winterchild

Not sure which option this was but it was the cheapest... they insist on insuring too.
Thanks for the info though! I might get a Mole in the US too :)

x

To be fair, while $42 seems rather a lot, it is a large (like postcard sized cards) and quite heavy deck, not your usual little one. But I use a mole in the US to order from GC. I may or may not change my mind....

Just looked and checked - a deck that I know to be small is now $6 to the UK (great; when I got it sent to the US it would have cost $25 to the UK, so...) and weighs 12 oz. The ZA woudl cost $17 - and weighs 24 oz. Sooooo... It is a mite hefty !

Just saying. You DID check US first class mail rather than priority ?