42: Any suggestions????

Dave's Angel

Hi everyone

Wasn't sure whether to put this under Divination (as numerology) - plumped for this section as I thought it tied in more with Gematria and Qabalah and stuff like that.

I keep finding the number 42 popping up and I'm trying to study it, play with it, pull it apart from every conceivable angle. Exactly why (and why 42 specifically) is a very long story. If you really really want to know, I'd prefer to bore you by PM than in public (!).

I'm looking into the significances of the number, instances where it appears, meanings and so forth. Below is what I've got so far.

What I'd like is for someone who knows a bit more about Qabalah and Gematria than I do to pick up the threads and try and tell me a little more. Any suggestions from any direction (certainly not limited to the above categories) are welcome. I know very little about Gematria and Qabalah, so if you want to get a little more technical, by all means do but just explain it s-l-o-w-l-y for me OK :)

42 is......

2 x 21
3 x 14
6 x 7

- The number of the name of God "Eloah" (ALVH).
- The sum total of all the numbers associated with the planets (ie the "Hexagram of the Planets") = 3+4+5+6+7+8+9.
- The number of different tiles in the game / oracle of Mah Jongg.
- The number of judges of the dead in Egyptian mythology.
- In Greek gematria, the value of the words "assembly", "together / at once", "law", "troubles" and "ill-treatment".
- In Hebrew gematria, the value of the words "terror / calamity", "loss / destruction", "ending" and "my glory" (not miles away in meaning from the Greek words...?)
- Matthew I:17: "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations". IE 3x14=42 (Once again not miles away from the gist of the previous two entries?)
- In Revelation cps 11-13 and Daniel 12:7, Satan is allowed "a time, times and half a time" (that is 3 1/2yrs or 42 months) to wreak havoc.
- The approx time in years for Uranus to make a "half-return" - ie do half an orbit of the Sun.
- The names of two angels, Vevaliah ("King and Ruler", who destroys enemies and frees from slavery) and Livoiah ("Hastening to hear" who assists in obtaining grace and favours).

Thanks in advance!

MikeTheAltarboy

You neglected to mention that 42 is also the Answer to The Ultimate Question Of Life, the Universe and Everything. :) One more for you!

bradford

It's also time for a guy to get a younger wife and a red sports car, but the midlife crisis is also related to Transiting Uranus opposite Natal Uranus.

jewishbohemian

42 in Cabala is called Mob and is the number most closely related to the previous world of Tohu which existed on Mars. The Roman Empire, which holds Mars as their god--the god of war--was given 2000 years of rule ship on earth as stated in the Midrash-Book of Metaphor. America, the undisputed head of the Roman Empire turned 2000 while Clinton the 42nd president was in power. In the world of Tohu there was no sexuality and therefore the number 42 in derived from six times seven. I hope some of this info helps.