THE Facsimile of François CHOSSON tarot soon available

Yves Le Marseillais

Marseilles September 02nd, 2012

Some already know it: Facsimile of the unique copy known for the tarot of François CHOSSON cardmaster and engraver in Marseilles in 1736 is announced for this autumn.

Some more of patience and you can finally possess your own copy numbered by this limited edition to 3000 copies.
This rather mysterious cardmaster when in its origin and its filiation, left us as a mark of its art an "undated" tarot or rather badly dated what allowed many suppositions including the most unrealistic.

When this tarot will be in your hands, I propose that we open a thread of discussion dedicated to confront our opinions, seen and hypotheses.
Indeed, while seeing cards closely one can be made a clearer idea of its period, its style and of presumed date regarding his printing.

This facsimile will be realized in the same spirit as the tarot of Pierre Madenié I did:
Same telescopic solid box.
Paper 400 gr satiny finish
Wrapper from this cardmaker with its two beautiful gryphons.
Two additional cards of presentation French/English.
3000 games only in limited edition and numbered.
Last but not least.... Same price 38 €uros postage include.

Since CONVER, it is the first time a tarot really made in Marseilles is reproduced. Duly noted...

If you are interested, send me an e-mail and I shall keep your or your copies.
It is careful to keep a non used deck for your collection and a deck of use.

2012 Year of the Dragon will also be the year of.... Gryphons!

Salutations from Marseilles City Capital of Tarot

Bluefeet

I would love one copy, email coming. :)

eltarot78

Hi Yves

very good news
I want to be part of the list,

flying black kat

Dear Ives:

I would love a copy of the Francois Chosson Tarot.

PM is coming.

Kathy

garmonbozia

I definitely want one.

Le Fanu

Fabulous news. How spoilt we are. I shall definitely want one. Or two. Will send an email. Are there any pictures available for just a little peek? just for us to start getting excited?

Yves Le Marseillais

Flat as a box

Fabulous news. How spoilt we are. I shall definitely want one. Or two. Will send an email. Are there any pictures available for just a little peek? just for us to start getting excited?

Hello Le Fanu,

Well noted.
Here is box preparation.

Enjoy it !

Have a nice day.

Yves

Attachments

• Boite_couvercle.jpg
    Boite_couvercle.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 588

Rafaël

Waiting for december!!

Hi Yves,

You really are spoiling us! :)
I admire the work you do and the risks you are taking.
I defenitly want two copies of the Chosson.

Cheers and thank you for injecting new life in the TdM tradition,
Rafaël

jhernandez

Yes I want a copy :)

Yves Le Marseillais

Fresh news from frontline ;)

Good evening (Or morning ha ha !!) everybody,

I am like you..... I wait for prototypes who will give me an EXACT idea of both deck and his box completed.

If model is OK so hop ! let's go for pictures session for Press book and ipso facto I will send you a good image of what it going to be this super facsimile.

The will be next step:
Implementing a specific web page on Tarot of Marseilles Heritage website, preparing a Paypall page and still counting some weeks until finale delivery date.

But before this I must still print by myself dedicated wrappers with their fine "Griffons".

I feel that December month is gonna be a hard work month as to achieve to delivery in time your numbered exemplary for each of you tarot passionates in view of end of this year feasts.

A little more patience and we are going to reach a new turning point in Tarot adventure.

Attached is final version of box and.... your servant in full action on our village flea market in Provence region.

Have a bloody nice week end folks,

Salutations from Marseilles City
Old €urope

Yves LM

Attachments

• BOITE CHOSSON SMALL SIZED  Wizard-1.jpg
    BOITE CHOSSON SMALL SIZED Wizard-1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 290
  • Resize-Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize-Wizard-1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 253