Lo Scarabeo Golden Wirth Tarot

Philistine

USG I believe made an "extended" 78 cards version, but it wasn't designed this way, it's definitely a major only deck
Thanks! I thought it may be something like that. At any rate, I occasionally dabble with trump-only readings with my Marseille decks, so that isn't a far cry for me.

I do like the backs on this production. Normally an ouroboros makes my eyes roll, but the interlocking pair and the dainty border all make a nice composition. As well as being a cardstock junky, back designs are another thing I have a yen for. . . .

The only review I can find is an Amazon posting that complains about the glitter treatment. I wonder if it's one of those "love it or hate it" situations? I did a Google image search and not much else other than some plain scans to go on; I *wish* I could get a better idea of the glitter effect! But of course that is something difficult to translate in a picture.

Queen of Pentacle

A faux pas for a beautiful deck.

I was very excited about this deck. I am Wirth fan, I love gold foil, i thought it was going to be a magical match... But actyally I was quite deceived.

The box is great, the antiquated drawings and color from Wirth 1904 version are beautiful... But the "nail polish" glittering foil just spoil everything. It is too kiddish for the style of the deck. I would have prefer moire effect gold like Scarabeos' other golden decks, Boticelli, Universal or Nefertari for instance.

It is a little too gimmicky for my taste, may be a lack of inspiration from Scarabeo creation departement. It could have been cute with a new "comic style" deck... But it sure is a faux pas for a vintage or antique tarot.

I sure prefer a lot my "Wirth Tarot" from Édition de l'Aigle. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oswald-wirth-aigle/

starlightexp

I was very excited about this deck. I am Wirth fan, I love gold foil, i thought it was going to be a magical match... But actyally I was quite deceived.

The box is great, the antiquated drawings and color from Wirth 1904 version are beautiful... But the "nail polish" glittering foil just spoil everything. It is too kiddish for the style of the deck. I would have prefer moire effect gold like Scarabeos' other golden decks, Boticelli, Universal or Nefertari for instance.

It is a little too gimmicky for my taste, may be a lack of inspiration from Scarabeo creation departement. It could have been cute with a new "comic style" deck... But it sure is a faux pas for a vintage or antique tarot.

I sure prefer a lot my "Wirth Tarot" from Édition de l'Aigle. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/oswald-wirth-aigle/

I feel the same way now if I could just GET the Édition de l'agile

Abrac

Or if they would've just left the gold out altogether and used gold ink it would still be nice reproduction.