Froud Faerie Oracle Decks - Both or Just One?

G6

The original does have a special place for me. And when the 'sequel' came out I pre-ordered it only to be disappointed. It was not the sharp, hard, uncanny oracle that was Faeries.

Nobody gets my Faeries Oracle, lol! :p

One important difference may be that Wendy Froud wrote Heart of Faerie and Jessica MacBeth wrote The Faeries Oracle.

Lol! šŸ˜Š I'm going to get the other one too. Did your two fit together? If so is the ISBN for the first one same as the number posted above?

banbha

Lol! �� I'm going to get the other one too. Did your two fit together? If so is the ISBN for the first one same as the number posted above?

Yes, the ISBN is the same. It's the hardcover edition. It's the same ISBN on Amazon now. Does that mean there only has been one edition of F.O.? Hmm.

I put my HofF away years ago only to dust it off to send to you. The cards appeared to be the same size; but I can't be 100% sure without measuring. I've read a couple of times over the years about people combining them. I've never read they didn't match.

I don't think you can go wrong by giving it a shot. Because I think if there is an issue it has to be one of with the two editions of H. of F. (not Faerie Oracle with one edition) and I can't see why'd they change card size.

G6

Yes, the ISBN is the same. It's the hardcover edition. It's the same ISBN on Amazon now. Does that mean there only has been one edition of F.O.? Hmm.

I put my HofF away years ago only to dust it off to send to you. The cards appeared to be the same size; but I can't be 100% sure without measuring. I've read a couple of times over the years about people combining them. I've never read they didn't match.

I don't think you can go wrong by giving it a shot. Because I think if there is an issue it has to be one of with the two editions of H. of F. (not Faerie Oracle with one edition) and I can't see why'd they change card size.

Yeah, it seems FO only has the same ISBN number since 2000. HOF had two editions since 2012? I don't see two editions of HOF. I read in this thread (see below) about combining the two decks where someone said theirs didn't match. Im not super concerned because I'm not sure I would combine them, but I thought I should check into it.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=215397

banbha

Yeah, it seems FO only has the same ISBN number since 2000. HOF had two editions since 2012? I don't see two editions of HOF. I read in this thread (see below) about combining the two decks where someone said theirs didn't match. Im not super concerned because I'm not sure I would combine them, but I thought I should check into it.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=215397

Wait, maybe there has been one edition of each; but I did purchase Hearts of Faerie in 2010 (Amazon gave me the idea that there were two editions).

That was an interesting thread. The shape and sizes of the corners were all over the place with one exact fit.

DownUnderNZer

I got mine at the same time from Amazon US I think and when the exchange rate was not too different.

DND :)

Genna

The first Brian FroudĀ“s FaerieĀ“s Oracle with thick book by the wonderfully wise Jessica "Jesa" MacBeth is the one I use. That deck can help with any problem, I believe. Never could connect with "The Heart of Faerie", even if the art is lovely.

Mirra

I'm curious about combining them because there's another thread where some said they match perfectly and others said it depends which edition you have. I think Faerie Oracle has been printed more, so which one matches perfectly with HOF? Anyone have ISBN number?

šŸ™šŸ»

G6

My HoF is slightly bigger than my FO (almost imperceptible) and corners are less rounded. I can combine them just fine but they make a huge pile of cards (and I have small hands).

G6

My HoF is slightly bigger than my FO (almost imperceptible) and corners are less rounded. I can combine them just fine but they make a huge pile of cards (and I have small hands).

So it sounds like they are not wildly different just a slight difference depending which ones you got? Yeah, I'm not sure I would combine them. Wouldn't pulling some cards from each deck be the same difference?

G6

The first Brian FroudĀ“s FaerieĀ“s Oracle with thick book by the wonderfully wise Jessica "Jesa" MacBeth is the one I use. That deck can help with any problem, I believe. Never could connect with "The Heart of Faerie", even if the art is lovely.

HOF art is amazing! I think I am sold on getting the first one too though because so many people are seem to prefer it for whatever reasons.

Mirra

So it sounds like they are not wildly different just a slight difference depending which ones you got? Yeah, I'm not sure I would combine them. Wouldn't pulling some cards from each deck be the same difference?

Yep. That's how I do šŸ˜Š

I forgot to mention I bought both decks last year, HoF first. Both decks are amazing but I agree, Jessica Macbeth book is something special.