Conjunctions

Sonic

I'm sorry for this if it's redundant. I finally got my birth time from my baby book. So I headed over to astro for a quick work up. I have searched this forum for what the term "conjunction" means, but every thread seems to have the word in it so that did not help me lol.

The header of the chart reads:

Sun in Cancer, Moon in Libra • Ascendant in Virgo, Mercury in the Ninth House • Jupiter Conjunct Ascendant • Pluto Conjunct Ascendant • Moon in the Second House • Saturn in the Eighth House • Venus in the Ninth House • Sun in the Tenth House

Pluto conjunct ascendant? any explanation would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Minderwiz

Your conjunction of Pluto and the Ascendant simply means that they occupy the same point in your horoscope. For simplicity I'll assume that you are 'looking' at a chart wheel of your horoscope. The point that lies at '9 o'clock' is your Ascendant and all houses are measured from that point. If you have a print out of your chart, or can view it on screen, you should find that the '9 o'clock point lies in Virgo and very near it you should see the symbol (glyph) for Pluto.
So if your Ascendant were, say, 15 degrees Virgo then Pluto should be around 15 degrees Virgo as well.

However in practice, Astrologers allow some area of leeway (called an 'orb'), so Pluto may well be a degree or two away from the Ascendant, either in the first or the twelfth house. So Pluto could be up to eight degrees from your Ascendant in either direction. The exact distance allowed depends on the Astrologer, rather than any hard and fast rule.

As well as conjunctions with horoscope points, planets can also be in conjunction with each other. Again some orb is allowed so they may well be very close but not exactly at the same degree and minute.However the closer the planets are the stronger the effect. The same is true of conjunctions with planets and points.

I've used the two dimensional chart to explain the term, because that is what you are asking about but clearly space is three dimensional and two planets that occupy the same degree of the ecliptic may have different declinations (one may be 'above' the other. Also clearly they lie at different distances from Earth.

Hopefully this answers your question without being too overtechnical.

Sonic

:bugeyed: wow..thank you.. I am so glad I do not understand any of this lol.

Starling

I also have Pluto conjunct Ascendant in my Natal Chart. The orb in my chart is about 2 degrees. There are loads of other things going on as well, but let's just talk about this one thing.

Since it is conjunct Ascendant it obviously is more than a generational point for me. (It is also square my Sun/Venus conjunction and even the wider Moon/Sun conjunction.)

What would you say the meanings are for a Pluto conjunct Ascendant?

balenciaga

Sonic,
Starling,
You do not tolerate abuse from anyone.

I checked astroweekly.com for this - I like this website's explanations. You might want to check it out.

Sonic

Thank you! I'm heading there now. This is 100000 x infinity correct :heart:

Thanks again

edited: I checked the website addr, it's invalid. Any thoughts?

Starling

The same basic lessons also occur here:

http://geocities.com/wilsontctc/

I've actually done these lessons including working out "sentences" for my entire chart. It is a good exercise for any beginner. But it made me realize that I needed to learn a lot more to get from beginner to intermediate again.

Right now I'm going online and taking notes on one sign a day and putting them into the same journal program I'm using for re-learning the tarot cards. I'll do planets and houses next, and then I'll start working on putting them together. Tim Wilson's basic lessons are a great way to begin, but it isn't easy to figure out where to go next.

In my question about Pluto conjunct Ascendant, I was trying to open up a conversation about that configuration. Since there were two of us who had it, I wondered what the more experienced people around us had to say about this particular configuration.

Sonic

Thank you everyone, this is really fascinating stuff. I have been testing out the online services versus the downloaded software. Personality profile wise, online got close, but there was a lot missing. However, when I downloaded this software and ran my chart with the same specifications I did get a different reading, and it was dead on.

http://astro-software.com/astro/

star-lover

Hi, another Pluto conjunct Ascendant person here working from the 12th house

Characteristics I would assign are depending on aspects but mine is fairly easily aspected apart from squaring the MC

- Determined
- Resourceful
- Faith in life
- Bounces back
- Sensitive to people and world
- Intense
- Paranoid sometimes :D
- Strong will
- Hard on self
- Can live up their own a$$$e :D
- Good BS detector, especially as gets older
- Very intuitive
- Humble ultimately
- Seductive
- Needs to lose more control over self, others
- Can have extreme views which need to be tempered with more balance and tact
- Spiritual, tolerant
- Needs to learn that honesty is not always the best policy
- Needs to learn to relax and enjoy life bit more - Rome wasn't built in a day! It's not all supposed to be hard work
- Life goes in certain very memorable phases
- Get really *into* things, like a dog with a bone, then moves on to the next obsession
- Has charismatic/powerful influence without realising always

:love: