Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Creating A Major Arcana Tarot Deck - The Antique Anatomy Deck

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Resident

blackandthemoon 
Resident
Creating A Major Arcana Tarot Deck - The Antique Anatomy Deck

Hi everyone (first time poster, long time lurker)!

I have recently been working on a Major Arcana deck and I would love to hear feedback.

Backstory: I am an artist and I have been creating and selling astrology and tarot themed prints for quite a while and decided to undertake doing a Majors deck based on some collage prints I created a few months ago.

This deck is assembled using vintage images (all public domain/copyright free ones) that are anatomy themed (skeletons). It has been a labour of love, albeit exhausting, to clean and restore so many images.

I am currently waiting on a few sample decks I ordered - trying to decide on finish and a printer I like and then it will be available for preorder.

If this sounds like a deck that appeals to you or has peaked your interest you can see progress images on instagram @blackandthemoon (you can google instagram and my username on your browser if you don't have the app) - I should have an official writeup on my website www.blackandthemoon.com in a week or so as well.

Thanks so much!

p.s if anyone has experience with doing a pre-order for tarot decks I would love to hear about your experiences.
Top   #1
Citizen

Arimaya 
Citizen

interesting!
Top   #2
Citizen

starburst_au 
Citizen

Love the deck!

Just wondering why you decided to use skeletons? Was it because you literally wanted a 'bare' kind of deck?

Also love your Etsy store, you're very talented!

Cheers,
SB
Top   #3
Resident

blackandthemoon 
Resident

Thanks so much

There is definitely a "bare bones" aspect to it.
Another part of it is my childhood obsession with natural & medical history. I always loved the way the skeletons were drawn in everyday situations and with expression (mind you i also altered this to fit what i wanted)
Top   #4
Resident

JayBee 
Resident

You have a fellow provincial admirer here. I look forward to your completing your deck.

(In case you aren't aware, you have a few kindred spirits out there, art- and deck-wise, who had successful funding campaigns. Check out the Tarot of Bones via Indiegogo and the Wooden Tarot and Earthbound Oracle via Kickstarter.)
Top   #5
Resident

blackandthemoon 
Resident

Thankyou!

I bought the Wooden Tarot actually. Absolutely love it!
Top   #6
Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

Oh, this is beautiful and unique. I love your tarot trumps and your constellation prints. They're magical. I'll keep an eye on your progress ;-)

I have a weakness for antique anatomical depictions, too. Do you know the anatomical capriccios of Frederik Ruysch?

http://publicdomainreview.org/2014/0...tist-of-death/
Top   #7
Resident

blackandthemoon 
Resident

i LOVE Ruysch! I wish that his works were more publicly accessible for viewing.
Top   #8

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.