RW deck without numbers or words

HudsonGray

I don't know if it can be, the High Priestess has the Pamela Colman Smith signature mark at the bottom right. There's a copyright issue.

gregory

Depends where it was scanned from. I THOUGHT if you were able to scan from your very own copy of a Pam A-B-C you were OK...

HudsonGray

But to resell it then?

rylla

These cards are beautiful. Pls, Pls, Pls find a way to sell it. Otherwise it's a torture! Like you'd show someone a fancy cake when one is hungry but wouldn't let one eat it! :) (OK, just kidding - but the feeling is true)

ETA I like it with no name or number. The images speak for themselves...

SarahJoy

Cool deck!

I agree with others; there's no need to add numbers or words, particularly since these are so easily recognizable.

I have several decks with titles/numbers chopped off; this approach saves the effort of trimming.

santasser

I can't sell it because all the non-tarot images are stock images and it's too expensive to license them.

rylla

Dear AT members,

please help refresh my memory! There was a book with a disk that was sold on Amazon a few years ago. I might still have the DVD (or CD) somewhere. The book wasn't a big deal, but the DVD contained pictures of many tarot decks. I mean pictures of ALL the cards from those decks. I am also wondering if pictures of the Rider Waite deck was included in that disc. Wondering if those pictures are copyright. Or can someone else use them for any purpose? Any ideas?

gregory

I have it. I bought it because I too understood they could be cheerfully reused. But no - you have to get Dover's permission to use them, and I imagine that it would be as expensive as anywhere else.

Teheuti mentions that book too.

And that you need a licence to use the images.

And tarotbear quoted their copyright info from another Dover book he had:

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOUR DOVER (CD-ROM) BOOKS ...

...but both of mine - 'Vintage Holiday Cuts' & 'Celtic Designs for Craft People'- have a VERY SPECIFIC copyright notice in them that says: "These images belong to Dover Electronic Clip Services. You may use them for graphics and crafts applications free and without special permission, provided you include no more than ten (10) in the same publication or project. For permission ...etc., etc.

HOWEVER - replication or reproduction of any illustration by any other graphic device, whether it be in a book, electronic, or any other design resource is strictly prohibited. "

I would check with www.dovertechsupport.com before I buy a copy.

rylla

Thanks Gregory. I was thinking maybe santasser can use that. Apparently not.

ETA I've just read it. Great info! Thanks.

nicky

The cards are lovely