78 Career Choices

ahimsa666

excellent spread

I'm going to try a reading for me and then for my boyfriend,and then for my brother and I'm very curious what it is going to say about my mum.Maybe I'll even do one reading for my sister who's in Spain now :) or maybe even for my father who...welll...I don't know what-so maybe I'll see what's been going on in his life since I last saw him :]

ahimsa666

hmmm

There's no translator...:-( So what am I gonna do with that? When I do the reading(or readins) I'll tell you about the results...However,I don't know what I'm gonna do with that translator's job...It probably fits into one of the categories...

vernissage

One of my friends sees The Star place-wise as a hospital, since she works at one -- so she believes The Star would be a good representation of a nurse or doctor. :)

afrosaxon

not thrilled with this spread

I tried this spread and it was not that accurate...also, since I read with reversals, the spread didn't address such (and when I looked at the upright positions, it didn't seem to fit unless I went back to the lesson of the previous card -- and even that was hit or miss).

This spread (and the "career assignments" :rolleyes:) are pretty broad and don't seem to take into account things such as educational requirements and whatnot. I wouldn't try this with an actual querent.

I'm not impressed. Thank you for sharing, though, Shy Priestess, and I'm glad it seemed to work for you.

T.

Lula Jing

I had forgotten all about this...

On reflection, I think it's probably more of a fun type thing... in a way, it did give me some new angles on the cards and their possible meanings at the time, which I agree are somewhat broad-brush for career options.

Maybe it would be better for simply brainstorming ideas... for someone who really has no clue about what they want to do and wants to start off by exploring some fun options. E.g. Prime Minister could more realistically translate to an interest in politics... etc.

But hey - thanks for reminding me of one of my sillier moments here... :D

celticnoodle

I realized it was more for a fun thing, but it did get me to thinking, what 'career' would you assign each of the major arcana? I think I'll have to start a new thread on this, as it is not appropriate here. but, this initial post did get me to wondering. look for the thread to be posted, after I get a chance to go through each major arcana and see what career I think would be assigned to each. thanks for the idea there, Shy Priestess.

Lula Jing

celticnoodle said:
...look for the thread to be posted, after I get a chance to go through each major arcana and see what career I think would be assigned to each. thanks for the idea there, Shy Priestess.
Look forward to seeing that... sounds like a good idea for a new thread. :)

Lula Jing

Sinduction said:
Which career choices best suit my Body/Mind/Spirit? Knave Swords - intelligence agent
Had I been born a male this would have been it.
Have you never heard of Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs?) ;)

Onaorkal

I thought the concept behind this spread was interesting, so I gave it a try.

Like others before me, I found that some cards resonated with the suggestions provided and some not at all. I drew 3 cards for each question by the way.

Instead I decided to use my intuition applied to the imagery or general meaning of the card to see what careers could be related to each card and then it made much more sense.
For example I think the Moon representing only space-related jobs was a bit too narrow.
It can be so many other things! Astrology, female/mother-related jobs, night-shift job, etc.
There is a lot going on with this card, a lot of symbolism. So doing it that way might yield better results I think.

I'm still glad I tried it and won't hesitate to use it again with friends and relatives, or for other questions I might have. Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Tanga

Sounds like fun Lula Jing :)

I've taken it away to try...