How to use crystal ball?

Starri Knytes

Thank you starri! I've been using the sun since the next full and new moon won't be underway for some days.
Did another session and nothing :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005DK1B0U/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Here is the crystal I have. I was very attracted to it when I first bought it. I love it, maybe it's the crystal that I'm using? I'm so sad I'm not getting any results :( lol

It's a lovely crystal. I was going to suggest that you try use it in conjunction with other practices such as tarot, rune or free writing.

When I heard "close your eyes and see with your mind" accompanied by the image of a woman sitting comfortably, she looks like she's meditating, hands palms up on her lap and in them her sphere.

And Be patient. I sense a little frustration. I don't always see something in my crystal, I didn't see the heart or the smile that I posted here until they showed up in the picture.

I feel that you will be successful, it may not be as soon as you'd like or in the manner you expect but the heart and desire are there.

tarotbear

I just want to add my two cents ~

Yes - you can 'develop' psychicism by exercising your mind. However, you cannot force it. Seeing images, pictures, or symbols is not like using a Smartphone. You are NOT going to necessarily see entire panoramic Technicolor movie shots of Dorothy & Friends approaching Oz. Some people only see faint, shadowy outlines or silhouettes. This is not a guaranteed occurrence, either - as in 'I bought you, you damn chunk of crystal so when do I see some damn images!' The images are not in the crystal ball, bowl of ink, or in the smoke - the images are within YOU.

The best advice I can give you is no more than 10-15 minutes of scrying perhaps every other day or every third day, but try to stick to a schedule. Also, try different times of day; you may be more receptive first thing in the morning instead of late at night after work.

Good Luck!

celticnoodle

If you don't charge your crystal regularly it will be like a dead battery in a car. No matter how hard you try it will not start.

Good luck tonight

I don't 'charge' my crystals really. I use to put them out in moonlight--but quite frankly I rarely do that--have not done so in years. My home is quite shady--with trees all around it, so its not easy to get either sunshine or moonshine into our home. good and bad that.

Besides, my aunt who had a crystal ball and was a great ball reader, psychic and well known for her talents in her area at the time never did anything like that with her crystal ball. She did have a box/case that she often would keep it in--but sometimes she didn't really even do that--it just sat out on top of the table it was generally kept on.

I have often just picked up crystal balls and been able to see things with them, and they didn't even belong to me, (had permission to look), and same with my own personal crystal balls too. So, I don't really buy this--however, I'm not saying its wrong to do. Just up to the individual who owns it. Sometimes I do feel like I should put other crystals around it, or set it out in the sunlight/moonlight - (when I have it available to do so)--etc. But it is a rare thing.

My daughter keeps hers in a box w/a lid too--and NEVER has it sitting out unless she is reading with it. She does very well with reading.

I feel like the crystal ball is like anything else used in divining. Its a TOOL. We probably don't even NEED these tools--and could get just as much information w/o anything. But the tool is much like a crutch I think. Also, they are generally pretty cool to have, keep us 'comfortable' when we have what we like for tools and just plain 'pretty' to look at, etc.

Thank you CN. I do hold and talk to my sphere as I polish it before using, breathing my energy into it.

Yes, I do this too. But then, I also talk to my loved ones pictures too--(though people think I'm nuts & who knows-maybe they're right?)--and I feel that this also helps to keep spirits around me as well!

Thank you starri! I've been using the sun since the next full and new moon won't be underway for some days.
Did another session and nothing :(

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005DK1B0U/ref=ya_aw_oh_pii

Here is the crystal I have. I was very attracted to it when I first bought it. I love it, maybe it's the crystal that I'm using? I'm so sad I'm not getting any results :( lol

oh, pretty crystal! I also like the stand. I think you should ALWAYS pay attention to what you are first attracted to, Radke. So, I think you made the right choice! There will be days where you can't get anything. don't get discouraged or sad about it. Just take a rest and try-try again.

I just want to add my two cents ~

Yes - you can 'develop' psychicism by exercising your mind. However, you cannot force it. Seeing images, pictures, or symbols is not like using a Smartphone. You are NOT going to necessarily see entire panoramic Technicolor movie shots of Dorothy & Friends approaching Oz. Some people only see faint, shadowy outlines or silhouettes. This is not a guaranteed occurrence, either - as in 'I bought you, you damn chunk of crystal so when do I see some damn images!' The images are not in the crystal ball, bowl of ink, or in the smoke - the images are within YOU.

The best advice I can give you is no more than 10-15 minutes of scrying perhaps every other day or every third day, but try to stick to a schedule. Also, try different times of day; you may be more receptive first thing in the morning instead of late at night after work.

Good Luck!

:thumbsup: AGREE SO MUCH TB!!!

This is what I was also trying to say in my post above. Its not the tool we choose, but what is inside of US. Crystal balls, tarot cards, stones, etc are just the tools of the trade which we pick out because we are attracted to them. There is nothing wrong with using a tool--it is also a way of getting us into the 'mood'. Its like setting the scene and turning on our lights or putting up the sign, "OPEN FOR BUSINESS".

and sometimes business is cracking good! and then there are days when we just need to close up shop and take a vacation. :)

Starri Knytes

I don't 'charge' my crystals really. I use to put them out in moonlight--but quite frankly I rarely do that--have not done so in years. My home is quite shady--with trees all around it, so its not easy to get either sunshine or moonshine into our home. good and bad that.

Besides, my aunt who had a crystal ball and was a great ball reader, psychic and well known for her talents in her area at the time never did anything like that with her crystal ball. She did have a box/case that she often would keep it in--but sometimes she didn't really even do that--it just sat out on top of the table it was generally kept on.

I have often just picked up crystal balls and been able to see things with them, and they didn't even belong to me, (had permission to look), and same with my own personal crystal balls too. So, I don't really buy this--however, I'm not saying its wrong to do. Just up to the individual who owns it. Sometimes I do feel like I should put other crystals around it, or set it out in the sunlight/moonlight - (when I have it available to do so)--etc. But it is a rare thing.

My daughter keeps hers in a box w/a lid too--and NEVER has it sitting out unless she is reading with it. She does very well with reading.

I feel like the crystal ball is like anything else used in divining. Its a TOOL. We probably don't even NEED these tools--and could get just as much information w/o anything. But the tool is much like a crutch I think. Also, they are generally pretty cool to have, keep us 'comfortable' when we have what we like for tools and just plain 'pretty' to look at, etc.

Yes, I do this too. But then, I also talk to my loved ones pictures too--(though people think I'm nuts & who knows-maybe they're right?)--and I feel that this also helps to keep spirits around me as well!

oh, pretty crystal! I also like the stand. I think you should ALWAYS pay attention to what you are first attracted to, Radke. So, I think you made the right choice! There will be days where you can't get anything. don't get discouraged or sad about it. Just take a rest and try-try again.

:thumbsup: AGREE SO MUCH TB!!!

This is what I was also trying to say in my post above. Its not the tool we choose, but what is inside of US. Crystal balls, tarot cards, stones, etc are just the tools of the trade which we pick out because we are attracted to them. There is nothing wrong with using a tool--it is also a way of getting us into the 'mood'. Its like setting the scene and turning on our lights or putting up the sign, "OPEN FOR BUSINESS".

and sometimes business is cracking good! and then there are days when we just need to close up shop and take a vacation. :)

I'm sure I've told you this before, but before I had ever cleansed or charged my crystal, I fact the first time I used it fresh from the big gem and mineral show in Tucson, AZ
I was shown the city of Atlantis in ruin and in flames with Ishtar to one side looking on. No matter what the angle, what time of day, or what placement of candles that is what I was shown. I accepted this image as an introduction from my crystal and Ishtar as my personal goddess and guide before clearing the sphere.

It's true that if your home is filled with peaceful energy there is no need to cover your sphere but I would never assume this in advising anyone. My home is chaotic filled with children animals and loud voices. I would rather advise ppl to be safe rather than sorry.

I as I also stated your crystal can be filled with your own energy whether you are aware of this exchange or not or whether your aunt ever mentioned it to you or not it happens. Breathing your energy into your stones is exactly what you're doing when you speak to them.

What I was doing was giving a new reader a number of options that I personally use. That is not to say every reader or every sphere is the same or that what works for me will work for anyone else, but I was asked and so I shared.

Anyway it can't hurt right??

And I agree a crystals are tools as are wands, besoms, tarot cards, runes, herbs, spells, oils candles. They are all tools of our trade. I personally find the ones I choose are dead and the ones that choose me are full of life. Do we need them? Maybe, maybe not, but for those that use them there is no denying that they enhance the experience.

Thank you for adding your wisdom and experience. With your years of experience and family connections you are truly a valuable resource.

celticnoodle

I'm sure I've told you this before, but before I had ever cleansed or charged my crystal, I fact the first time I used it fresh from the big gem and mineral show in Tucson, AZ
I was shown the city of Atlantis in ruin and in flames with Ishtar to one side looking on. No matter what the angle, what time of day, or what placement of candles that is what I was shown. I accepted this image as an introduction from my crystal and Ishtar as my personal goddess and guide before clearing the sphere.

yes, this does sound familiar to me, so I'm sure you told this to me before--or posted here perhaps. A really cool experience! :thumbsup:

It's true that if your home is filled with peaceful energy there is no need to cover your sphere but I would never assume this in advising anyone. My home is chaotic filled with children animals and loud voices. I would rather advise ppl to be safe rather than sorry.

I as I also stated your crystal can be filled with your own energy whether you are aware of this exchange or not or whether your aunt ever mentioned it to you or not it happens. Breathing your energy into your stones is exactly what you're doing when you speak to them.

Oh, I do agree with this too, Starri. I feel that anything can absorb the energy of where it is housed. People can walk into a room and feel the energy that is present--I'm sure EVERYONE has experienced that at one time or another. I also know that homes retain energy too. I know of people who inherited pieces of furniture, jewelry, books, and whatnot- that just had either really icky energy :)laugh: for better lack of a word right now) or really great, comforting energy. So, I really can be open to things absorbing energy from its environment. There is nothing wrong with cleansing your tools and I highly do recommend cleansing and protecting yourself when doing any kind of divination, but that is another topic for a separate thread I think. ;) (and many people would not agree w/me on that issue!)

I just feel like it is up to the person themselves. I was just expressing that IMO its not really a must do. You can still have great experiences w/o smudging, cleansing or anything. But, if you want to do that--this is fine as well. In fact, it may be yet another way to set your mood and achieve great reading results!

I actually do like the idea of breathing on your crystals. I do like to hold my crystals in my hands and really 'get to know' it. I do this by turning it all around, sharing my thoughts with it, etc. I have to feel a connection to them--to any of my tools for divining to be able to use it well. I have some tarot cards that I absolutely LOVE, but can't really read well with them. So they tend to be more of my "I just want to look at their pictures" decks. Nothing wrong with this--they just are not good for me to read with. It can be the same with crystals too, I'm sure, and anything one uses for divining.
What I was doing was giving a new reader a number of options that I personally use. That is not to say every reader or every sphere is the same or that what works for me will work for anyone else, but I was asked and so I shared.

Anyway it can't hurt right??

not at all. I think it is great to know of all the options out there and go with it.

I know so many people told me that I should really burn sage and incense and such--but with my asthma and allergies, this is just not good for me. I did try to burn some special sage at one time--but to me it smelled a lot like pot burning. :laugh: I couldn't stand the smell! but, that's me! So, none of that for me, but others like it and that's cool.

And I agree a crystals are tools as are wands, besoms, tarot cards, runes, herbs, spells, oils candles. They are all tools of our trade. I personally find the ones I choose are dead and the ones that choose me are full of life. Do we need them? Maybe, maybe not, but for those that use them there is no denying that they enhance the experience.

Thank you for adding your wisdom and experience. With your years of experience and family connections you are truly a valuable resource.

same for you, too, Starri. I do think you have a lot to offer and I in no way meant to offend you. I just see it differently and stated so. I have in the past tried several ways of cleansing my crystals--from sunlight, moonlight, to other crystals and incense. But, after all is said and done, for me, I don't necessarily have to do any of that--and I rarely do. I will admit that every now and again, I get it in me that I WANT to put my crystals out to absorb the moonlight or some other way of cleansing. I just follow my instincts and do what grabs me. Which, lately, and in this home we are now in full time--not a whole lot of anything. *shrugs*.

I say just go with your gut instincts. This is after all what we are trying to build upon, right? There is no 'right' way only--just many ways of doing things.

Starri Knytes

I just feel like it is up to the person themselves. I was just expressing that IMO its not really a must do. You can still have great experiences w/o smudging, cleansing or anything. But, if you want to do that--this is fine as well. In fact, it may be yet another way to set your mood and achieve great reading results!

EXACTLY!
Since this was a request for help, that's what I offered. I'm sure Radke already knows what isn't working so not much point going there.

I actually do like the idea of breathing on your crystals. I do like to hold my crystals in my hands and really 'get to know' it. I do this by turning it all around, sharing my thoughts with it, etc.

Holding it to your third eye also creates a great connection

I have in the past tried several ways of cleansing my crystals--from sunlight, moonlight, to other crystals and incense. But, after all is said and done, for me, I don't necessarily have to do any of that--and I rarely do. I will admit that every now and again, I get it in me that I WANT to put my crystals out to absorb the moonlight or some other way of cleansing. I just follow my instincts and do what grabs me. Which, lately, and in this home we are now in full time--not a whole lot of anything. *shrugs*. '

If you're having trouble too perhaps you should give some of these techniques a second look.

[QUOTE ]I say just go with your gut instincts. This is after all what we are trying to build upon, right? There is no 'right' way only--just many ways of doing things.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts Exactly.

SunChariot

I recently got a crystal ball. I've read in some places that it is best to use a CLEAR crystal quartz (I have this) But now others are saying that you should get ones with clouds, bubbles, etc. to easily form symbols.

For sometime I sepdn 20-30 minutes a day gazing into it. I have seen purple aura, and I MIGHT have seen an axe, but that is about it.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I have cleansed it with a gentle cloth and soap/water.

Can anyone give me advice about what I should do? I'm hoping to start seeing some sort of symbols.

I am not sure there are "should" in which type of ball works best for someone anymore than there are with Tarot decks. My favourite one is this one. And it is just clear glass and not really crystal at all.

http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/gazingballs/50mmsapphire.htm

I have it in this stand and it's the one that works best for me, I have the 3 1/2" ball.

http://www.phoenixorion.com/phoenixorion/brassandecor/horseballstand.htm

Interestingly, I also see a purplish aura. That is what I first saw too. That is where it started for me too. And my crystal balls do work for me so maybe that is a good sign that you saw that too.

My opinion is that f you think you saw an axe, then you saw an axe. It's about your intuition, just like Tarot is. if you think you saw something you perceived it. And if you perceived it that is part of your message/answer. Sometimes you get a brief actual image in the ball itself. Other times you see it in our mind's eye as you are looking in the ball. Both methods are valid.

So the next step is to try to sense what the axe was trying to tell you. A lot of it's symbolic. If you asked a specific question, then how the "axe" fits in as part of the answer to the question. And if you didn't ask a question but were just practicing, then what it was trying to tell you anyway.

From what I have heard here on AT, it takes time to learn to read a crystal ball. It is not uncommon for it to take months before the reader sees anything at all. So from what you are saying you are really doing quite well for how little time you have been at it. It worked for me personally quickly, but it is quite normal for it to take a while before you see anything at all.

A crystal ball is more freeing than Tarot, in the sense that you are free to see anything at all in it. Any picture or image at all can come to you,. Whereas cards have set images. There is something that feels just freeing to me in that. Almost limitless.

And my last piece of advice for tonight. And likely the best, is this book I was recommended and it's just amazing on the topic:

http://www.amazon.ca/Crystal-Ball-G...TF8&qid=1384490995&sr=8-7&keywords=uma+silbey

You should be able to look inside the book there.

Keep up the good work, you're doing great already,

:heart:

Babs

SunChariot

PS

Just finished another good book on how to read with crystal balls, if anyone is interested. And it's available on Kindle now, as that is the format I got mine it. It's called. Crystal Balls and Crystal Bowls: Tools for Ancient Scrying and Modern Seership, by Ted Andrews. I found it quite good too. I also liked the way it was written as it does show a lot of methods but also really encourages you to find you own ways from inside yourself, something I've always believed in.

Babs

Radke

Just an update everyone I've been scrying every other day 20-30 minutes.
I just don't KNOW if I'm exactly seeing things,
Do you know what I mean? It's like, I MIGHT of seen this, or I might of seen that. I just want to know if I'm seeing things correctly, and how I would give a reading to someone if I were doing it.

If there's anyone who's good at scrying and can give an example reading of how it is to scry I'd appreciate it. I will give a nice tarot card reading in exchange.

I picked up a book and I've been learning to soften my gaze a bit more.
And I picked up some battery candles so it's more pleasant :)

I "might" have gotten:
- eyes. Or an eye
- death (a skeleton man that reminded me of the Death
- a man with a facial beard, could not make out what it was

And what seemed a bit vivid to me was
- a man wearing a Jesus-like dress, or toga? The white draping that Jesus wears? Sorry if I sound stupid I'm a college freshman :) lol
The man was walking, then sitting down. Then got up and walked again?

It was weird. Very random images, I asked either "what I need to know" or "what will happen in the near future"
I never got the purple aura anymore. Maybe it's because the candles kind of override the ball

ALSO, I saw a symbol of a martini! The funny thing is I used to sketch, and one of my favorite sketches was the Martini so that was funny!
But the thing is these symbols only last literally a second. However the Jesus symbol I spoke about was there for maybe 15-20 seconds

Still trying to get better! I just hope I'm putting good use to the ball, really weird symbols. What if I were to give a reading to someone and I just said a bunch of random symbols? I want to be more "professional" you know what I mean?

Starri Knytes

Just an update everyone I've been scrying every other day 20-30 minutes.
I just don't KNOW if I'm exactly seeing things,
Do you know what I mean? It's like, I MIGHT of seen this, or I might of seen that. I just want to know if I'm seeing things correctly, and how I would give a reading to someone if I were doing it.

If there's anyone who's good at scrying and can give an example reading of how it is to scry I'd appreciate it. I will give a nice tarot card reading in exchange.

I picked up a book and I've been learning to soften my gaze a bit more.yiry
And I picked up some battery candles so it's more pleasant :)

I "might" have gotten:
- eyes. Or an eye
- death (a skeleton man that reminded me of the Death
- a man with a facial beard, could not make out what it was

And what seemed a bit vivid to me was
- a man wearing a Jesus-like dress, or toga? The white draping that Jesus wears? Sorry if I sound stupid I'm a college freshman :) lol
The man was walking, then sitting down. Then got up and walked again?

It was weird. Very random images, I asked either "what I need to know" or "what will happen in the near future"
I never got the purple aura anymore. Maybe it's because the candles kind of override the ball

ALSO, I saw a symbol of a martini! The funny thing is I used to sketch, and one of my favorite sketches was the Martini so that was funny!
But the thing is these symbols only last literally a second. However the Jesus symbol I spoke about was there for maybe 15-20 seconds

Still trying to get better! I just hope I'm putting good use to the ball, really weird symbols. What if I were to give a reading to someone and I just said a bunch of random symbols? I want to be more "professional" you know what I mean?

You're doing great! As you note these symbols it's important to note what your question was as well and what you were thinking of at the time or just prior to scrying. And what your emotional response is to the images. What did you feel in that few seconds?

Could your Jesus be a symbol of your path to enlightenment? Do you see him more often at the end of a session. Just as he is doing , it is important for you to stop along the way to rest?

:) This is just what I see in your words.