Tea Leaf oracle Study Thread

AnemoneRosie

December 17 - 24

Basket - Star - Hand - Teapot - Yoke

Basket: Recognition. Reward for merit.
Star: Guaranteed success.
Hand: In need of hep, assistance, and guidance.
Teapot: Deep friendship with someone of the same sex.
Yoke: Feeling tied down, or frustrated.

I feel that Basket and Star go together. Something will be successful (star) and I will be recognized for it. Interestingly, I get my grades on the 24th at the latest. Some of them are good (I know that I got an A+ in at least one class) but some will also be a disappointment.

Hand, Teapot, and Yoke strike me as being a bit more detailed. At first I was worried that Hand implied that my planned visit to another city to visit my friend will go as poorly as I fear it might (this is my first time seeing him without a partner of some sort and I'm worried that he'll try to make a move on me). Now, though, I wonder if it's alluding to the fact that I'll get to see my therapist a few more times before the holiday break.

I'm certainly in a Yoke frame of mind right now. I'd ordered myself an end-of-school gift and there are difficulties with the shipment. I need the sender to step in, but they're not able to do so right now. I'd like to get my gift this week! This is a gift that I'd planned on sharing with my friend (Teapot). I'm seeing this friend tonight - we're going to see a movie. However, we don't yet have a deep friendship as it's rather casual. I'd been hoping to deepen it by sharing this gift. It's frustrating me that those plans may not be realized. Perhaps, then, the hand represents how deeply I need the sender to step in.

CosmicBeing

Butterfly-Box-Tiger-Haystack-Lightening-Knot-Wishbone
Butterfly- A change for the better
Box- You will receive a gift
Tiger- Doing something risky. Taking a chance.
Haystack- Karma: you will reap what you have sown.
Lightening- Control your anger or you will be sorry.
Knot- Unsuccessful plans
WishBone- A wish is granted
No tiger energy today for December 17th.
It was snowing by me/slush. So I chose to have a lazy day and stay in.

I did watch a documentary about a guy who ran crazy clubs in NYC, a drug addict, drug dealer, and end up being a murderer. Testing the limits.

CosmicBeing

Literal
Basket may be an actual shopping basket.
Star could be an actual star or you go to a place that has a symbol of the star.
Hand can be a nail salon, palmistry
Teapot an actual teapot, indicate something very small, victorian, actual tea leaves or tea.
Yoke an actual egg, maybe a place called yoke, etc.

Non - literal

Basket+Star might indicate you doing well in your classes.
Hand you may receive assistance from someone.
This someone may be a Teapot type person.

Yoke might be something totally different. But you did speak of a counselor.. so this someone might help you with any frustration or limitations you are feeling.

Enlightenment23

That might be a possible translation. I did send in a request for an internship for barn management mixed with administrative work of urban youth work. So haystack might be something literal there.

Maybe I'll even drive up there.

Well look at that. That might be it. I'm starting to realize that I'm getting more success in reading these cards in a more literal manner. It's not very often the words on the card - the non-literal meaning - offer any site to my daily occurences. Except carrot. I really did get an opportunity/windfall.

Do you not love your job? I saw the love connected to the job/career card.

I could take it or leave it honestly lol.

Enlightenment23

I feel that Basket and Star go together. Something will be successful (star) and I will be recognized for it. Interestingly, I get my grades on the 24th at the latest. Some of them are good (I know that I got an A+ in at least one class) but some will also be a disappointment.

Hand, Teapot, and Yoke strike me as being a bit more detailed. At first I was worried that Hand implied that my planned visit to another city to visit my friend will go as poorly as I fear it might (this is my first time seeing him without a partner of some sort and I'm worried that he'll try to make a move on me). Now, though, I wonder if it's alluding to the fact that I'll get to see my therapist a few more times before the holiday break.

I'm certainly in a Yoke frame of mind right now. I'd ordered myself an end-of-school gift and there are difficulties with the shipment. I need the sender to step in, but they're not able to do so right now. I'd like to get my gift this week! This is a gift that I'd planned on sharing with my friend (Teapot). I'm seeing this friend tonight - we're going to see a movie. However, we don't yet have a deep friendship as it's rather casual. I'd been hoping to deepen it by sharing this gift. It's frustrating me that those plans may not be realized. Perhaps, then, the hand represents how deeply I need the sender to step in.

Basket - Yeah, I've gotten this card for having a mini-proud moment of being selected for something, so it's possible you'll get a pat on the back for some hard work, but it might also be grocery shopping as CB said. This is echoed by the Star card :). Feeling on top of the world.

I have a feeling that your plans with your friends might not go as expected. Maybe some delays or cancellations that might leave you frustrated. =\

AnemoneRosie

Star + Teapot: I saw Star Wars with some friends yesterday.
Alternatively, (add Basket) I'm helping a friend move today.

Enlightenment23

That's so funny! Star for Star Wars. LOL. Thanks for the update.

CosmicBeing

well looks like the star was literal. I think the basket could have still meant something about shopping or purchasing stuff which you purchased a movie ticket or the movie house is right in the mall section of town.

Anyway look forward to what else the cards may have meant.

CosmicBeing

Butterfly-Box-Tiger-Haystack-Lightening-Knot-Wishbone
Butterfly- A change for the better
Box- You will receive a gift
Tiger- Doing something risky. Taking a chance.
Haystack- Karma: you will reap what you have sown.
Lightening- Control your anger or you will be sorry.
Knot- Unsuccessful plans
WishBone- A wish is granted

I pulled seven cards because a friend who just bought this deck said to try it out with 7 cards.

Non-literal:
A change for a better that is like a gift requires taking a chance to reap what you sown about anger over unsuccessful plans will be granted or unsuccessful plans of a wish wanted to be granted.

Literal:
Box - An actual box or a gift.
Tiger - Risk or maybe someone born during the tiger Chinese year or something reminds me of a tiger.
Haystack - An actual haystack, maybe something to do barn/farm management,
Lightening- electricity, an actual lightening, something mechanic.
knot- an actual knot, knot also makes me think of tying the knot (birth control, permanent birth control) even reminds me of marriage,
Wishbone- an actual wishbone, turkey, or maybe it's just an actual wish I say out loud like an affirmation.

Haystack I am not hundred percent sure what it was... I did stuff today and reaped what I sowed?

It might be a connection between Haystack and Lightening.... maybe still tied to my electricity it is due this week or something else.

well this is Day 18th december for the December 15 - 21st 2016.