Tree Affirmation Cards

lightbug

I guess some of the posts in this thread got nuked when the server went kablooey so I thought I'd re-post my opinion on this lovely deck since my after Christmas present finally arrived! :)

(Someone was also asking in another vanished post, whether this deck was mainly a warm fuzzy for inspiration or whether you could do 'real readings' with it too:

Yes this is a wonderful deck for inspiration and affirmations but you can also do other kinds of readings. The deck also lends itself to seeing many things in each image -- so you could focus on the intended meanings, the trees, animals or actions surrounding the human characters.

It is just lovely -- and as others stated the pictures are beautiful and reminiscent of illustrations in a children's book (in a good way). Each picture has the most beautiful glow and recalls the diffuse lighting of dreams and red-spectrum of twilight. The online pictures of this deck really don't do it justice in this regard because while most decks are less vibrant in real life -- this one is MORE so.

I just wish the cards weren't so large -- but even this is charming because it makes the cards more like a "storybook" in a way.

I love this deck!

Elrowiel

Wow, what a wonderful deck. :)

I really like it and I have to sit on my fingers not to buy it... *sigh*

lunakasha

After many weeks (months?) of drooling and several online readings....I have just ordered my Tree Affirmation cards!!! :love: :love: :love:

I can hardly wait! According to the ordering page, the deck should arrive quickly, in approximately one week.

Meanwhile, I will continue haunting the website....*sigh* :D

:) Luna

BodhiSeed

You're going to love them, Lunakasha! But you might add a few days to that week estimate as Monday is President's Day and the mail won't run. The wait will be worth it though!:D

Mellifluous

They really are beautiful and always on point. I agree with the you're gonna love them part! :party:

lunakasha

Thanks, bodhran and Mellifluous! :love:

I can hardly wait for these cards! But honestly, I have already been waiting for a LOOOONG time, prior to ordering....so a few more days really won't matter now. ;)

I usually estimate 1-2 weeks for packages from the UK anyway.

But I will be posting here with my impressions as soon as they arrive!

Have you all been reading much with them???
If so, how are you liking them so far? I was thinking that they would be perfect for a 1-2 card daily advice reading....but not sure about using them in larger spreads.

BodhiSeed

Luna, did you ever get the Tree Affirmation Cards? I've been using mine for one card draws mostly. Just love this softly beautiful deck...

Lewen

I still would like to get this deck!

pippi

I have very recently received this deck, and I'm using it this week on my blog. The cards are so soft and smooth, they are a physical joy just to hold in my hands! Even my kids were oohing and ahhing at the feel of them. I do wish they weren't so big (the cards, not my kids :p), but I shuffle them vertically instead of horizontally, and they are pliable enough that it surprisingly works just fine that way!

I love that the book (which is lovely!) and box are made from 100% recycled material, and the cards are made from sustainable sources. It really makes the tree theme that much more meaningful and sincere.

I'm using the deck to supplement my readings with the Tarot of Trees, and so far they have complimented each other wonderfully.

I haven't read through the entire book yet, but I have enjoyed what I've read of it so far. It's very thoughtfully written. I like the Pathway Energy Spread, I'll have to try that one out this week.

Oh, and I think my Faeries will like these cards too... lots of places for them to hide! :) Hmmm... that gives me an idea. Maybe after my week with the Tarot of Trees, I can give the Tree Affirmations to my (Froud's) Faeries... drawing a card from both decks every day, and looking in the tree card to see where the faerie is hiding! Sounds just crazy enough to work!

Seems like a deck that won't be going back into the closet for some time.

Anyone else using it much?

lunakasha

bodhran said:
Luna, did you ever get the Tree Affirmation Cards? I've been using mine for one card draws mostly. Just love this softly beautiful deck...

Hey bodhran~ I just found your post! :| LOL

Yes, I did receive the Tree Affirmation cards several months ago, and they are so beautiful and lovely to work with. I also used them for daily draws, and the messages fit perfectly with my life at the time~ the "unspoken" questions.

I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I think now would be a good time to bring them out again. I would highly recommend these cards, especially for anyone who feels a deep connection with trees. :heart: