How do you choose a deck?

Aster Breo

When you have several (or more!) oracle decks, how do you decide which deck to use when?

Do you use particular decks for different kinds of questions? Assign specific decks to different days of the week? Something else?

Just curious about how others do this. :)

EmpressArwen

When I used to have multiple decks (I don't anymore), I would sometimes feel an electrical type current when I touched them...the tingly one would get used for the reading. lol

Also, once you get to know the decks, you will kind of have your go-to deck for each question type.

Examples from my previous decks...

Practical questions (home issues, job related questions, decision making on anything practical) - Enchanted Map

Mystical questions (dreams, spiritual, spiritual gifts) House of Night

etc...as you use them, you will learn which decks work best for certain questions for you. :)

DesertDream

Depends

It depends on the question im asking.

2dogs

I could never get much from a single deck and used to draw cards from a set of decks that went together and compare them. I've gradually whittled them down to just a pair of decks I'm happiest with :cool3:.

BodhiSeed

For years now, instead of trying to read with an oracle, I've paired them with a tarot deck. I'll pull one tarot card and one oracle card as a daily draw. It's been fun to match one with the other (see my profile to see which decks I've matched up :)). I don't have special decks for certain issues; I just rotate through all the pairs. For some reason, this works well for me - much better than spreads with just oracles or tarots. This week I've got the Tyldwick Tarot paired with the Antiquarian Lenormand.