The Witch's Oracle

Telspepper

I pre ordered The Witch's Oracle by Marla Brooks and Illustrated by Anuia Kahn, Schiffer Publishing on Amazon and it arrived today! I am excited to try it out for the autumn and Samhain season.
The book is small, only slightly larger than the cards it is also nicely done. The box is good enough to store the deck in. Usually I bin my boxes for either a bag or wooden box. The cards have a shiny filagree coating which is attractive but very sticky. I am having to peel the cards apart each time I want one. The cards have nice images and they are varied, like an atheme and a banshee. I think they look fun and mysterious.
I saw a post by one of the creator ladies but I can't find it or anything on this deck. Anyone else got or getting this deck?

celticnoodle

Welcome, telspepper to A.T.

I haven't ever heard of this deck before, but googled its images and I like it. Simple images, and nicely done it appears. Do keep us posted on how well it reads for you.

Telspepper

I will. I've shown it to my family and they all like the images. I'm excited to read with it.

greatdane

there's something on facebook

I'm not on facebook, but when I binged this oracle, a facebook link came up. Aunia Kahn is a cool artist and from the pix it looks interesting.

I found this on Schiffer....unfortunately the Unicorn reminds me of My Little Pony. It doesn't have the vibe I would look for in a Samhain deck, which I know it isn't saying it is, but that is what I am looking for, something with a more mysterious vibe, something that seems more like a witchy oracle. And the Unicorn just feels out of place to me. I do like some of the pix. http://www.schifferbooks.com/the-witchs-oracle-5782.html[/url]

MoonGypsy

Hi gd!

i actually pre-ordered this deck on Amazon a couple of months ago...
i am admittedly curious to see the whole deck...but a couple images i have recently seen
are so off putting, that i might cancel it...not sure.
i absolutely detest the Unicorn ...My Little Pony, indeed... and i am very fussy about Unicorns.
i don't like them to look "cutesy"...

To cancel or not to cancel--THAT is the question.:p

http://www.schifferbooks.com/the-witchs-oracle-5782.html

i corrected the above link. [the first was missing, so it wasn't clickable.

Telspepper

I agree the unicorn is a little on the scharmy side but that's how I usually see them portrayed. Pegasus on the other hand seems stronger. I know it could just be my perception.
Anyway, don't cancel. As a whole the deck is fun.
Ankh
Athame
Banshee
Bat
Bell
Besom
Book of shadows
Celttc heart
Cerridewen's cauldron
Chalice
Chinese dragon
Crystal ball
Dream catcher
This from the contents. There are of course more cards.

greatdane

Telspepper, I say if someone likes a deck, get it :)

I did see some cool cards. Just not what I was expecting from deck called Witch's Oracle. The Unicorn just seems a strange addition to the deck, but sometimes there is a card that seems like it hopped into a deck accidentally and that is one of those cards.
I do see the fun aspect to it.

MoonGypsy

https://youtu.be/IHKer_am4t4

Found this on YouTube, she shows all the cards and highlights of the book.

:)

Thanks for posting the youtube vid...i just tried desperately to cancel my order, but
unfortunately, they couldn't, as it was too far along in the prep process. That is
a bit irritating, because the shipping date still shows as Sept...
Apparently not...:p

celticnoodle

Thank you, indeed for the video. It was great to be able to see each individual card. I do like the cards too, and find the deck very interesting. I am being enabled here to buy this deck!!! :eek: I think I might do so as soon as I get another good coupon in the mail from Barnes and Noble.

I like the simplicity of this deck. The pictures on all the cards are done well--w/o any extra added to distract from it. But, I also see what you mean about the Unicorn. It doesn't seem to really fit with the other images in this deck. Its not as bad as I was expecting, after reading about it here from GD and Moon Gypsy, but I do think the image could've been a bit better then the one it shows. However, it will not keep me from buying it, I don't think. So, next coupon is already going to be spent, on this deck, if Barnes and Noble carries it! :D