Incidences when Lenormand has been Literal

Padma

Cool Stork nest one! :thumbsup:

I had one today - Snake/Whips/Bouquet: while walking my three dogs, which is an enjoyable kind of thing to do (Bouquet), I kept getting their leads all tangled! (Snake/Whips)

Literally, tangled leashes! :laugh:

Sibylline

This was funny

I'm new to Lenormand, so I'm practicing with drawing 3 cards at night to see how my day went. Two nights ago, I drew stars + garden+mountain.

The only significant thing I did that day was to go to my dermatologist for a check up, but I also managed to get a flu shot in the process. I expected to see something like the tree and tower, but no. Confused, I went to Rana George's "The Essential Lenormand." What struck me were the associations to areas of the body.

Stars = skin
Garden = immune system
Mountain = head (or general blockages)

Suddenly, my intuition kicked in. A flu shot contains lots of dead virus particles which enter the skin (stars) that makes my immune system (garden) block (mountain) the flu virus. I happened to look at the bottom card and it was the Snake. That flu shot did have a painful bite!

Interestingly enough, I had originally gone to see the dr. for a skin condition (stars) on my head (mountain). During that visit, we talked about the Boston Commons (garden). Seems my cards had a few layers of meaning there!

PS: Since we're talking mice, I've had that card come up for mosquito bites. LOL

Asher

My daily draw this morning was Child + Ring + Rider. For some reason, the Ring caught my eye and I thought " shiny pretty" so the draw was some new shiny pretty thing would be arriving.

Upon going to the mailbox a couple of hours later, I had indeed received a package. Two new Kipper Card decks I ordered for my upcoming birthday this week! The pretties came today!

Padma

My daily draw this morning was Child + Ring + Rider. For some reason, the Ring caught my eye and I thought " shiny pretty" so the draw was some new shiny pretty thing would be arriving.

Upon going to the mailbox a couple of hours later, I had indeed received a package. Two new Kipper Card decks I ordered for my upcoming birthday this week! The pretties came today!

I can see that Child was very appropriate - and literal - Kipper cards are small :) and your decks are new! Enjoy, and happy birthday! :party:

baylys

I have LOTS of literal cards thrown my way.
I drive buses over mountains and work on boats with passengers. I frequently get the ship card. I also get the mountain card on crappy driving days a lot. When I see the child card come up I cringe as those days I normally end up with annoying kids on the boat.

I find the cards to be incredibly literal for me and I usually look at that first, before the proper meaning.

Padma

Ok, so...today brought one of the most literal meanings forward I have had so far.

I was walking my dogs this a.m. when I stopped to chat with the gardening crew my landlady hires. They were working on another yard, several blocks away from my house. They patted the dogs as we spoke. I went on my way...got home, and discovered I had lost my house key! In a panic, I went to the neighbor's house, they have a spare key for my house.

Thank goodness the daughter was home, she gave me the spare key, so I was able to get into my house with my dogs.

Later, I used my app's 2 card draw for "the most important event today" daily draw. I drew Garden and Key. I thought, "great, I will find my key when I walk the dogs this afternoon. It must have fallen near the park".

But - lo and behold - the gardener rang my door bell an hour later from my draw, and stood there, holding my lost key :) Garden/Key = gardener returns the key, or has the key, or has the answer to my key problem! It fell on the sidewalk when he and I were chatting, and he found it...! SO SO SO literal. :laugh: Oh goodness, but I LOVE the Lenormand!

Had to share that!

zhadee

I've got one for the collection :D
Today, I pulled Ring - Fox - Birds. When I came to the bird's table, a squirrel was feeding from the peanuts that hang there. All the birds were sitting in the next tree, looking flustered.

Not a fox, though the squirrel is likely red and comes with a bushy tail :p

Barleywine

I had an interesting case last year. I was doing a GT for my sister-in-law. It was a general reading, but she was preocuppied with her mother's situation at the time. The woman had been institutionalized (in an assisted-living facility) because of advancing Alzheimer's disease following a stroke. Although I didn't know it when we started, my SIL was having some trouble with the healthcare administration over the quality and cost of her mother's care.

Once she expressed her concern, we took a look at her mother's indicators in the present spread. For the "mother" focus card, I used the Bear. As near as I can remember now, one group of cards that appeared around the Bear was:

Whip + Tower + Tree + Stork + House + Clover

The argument with the facility adminstrator stood out clearly (Whip + Tower + Tree). I told her that the rest of the cards showed an improvement in her mother's living arrangement, and that her mother would probably be moving to a new residence where she would be much better off in terms of comfort and care (Stork + House + Clover). Around a month later, that's exactly what happened.

ETA: It wasn't a self-fulfilling prophecy on my SIL's part, her mother was still competent at the time and initiated the action entirely on her own.

Padma

Not really that literal, though, Barleywine? The Clover weren't real clover, or herbs, and the Stork was not a real bird or a long legged dancer...!

Still, I am glad her scenario improved, and that she was moved, and that your cards were correct :)

Barleywine

Not really that literal, though, Barleywine? The Clover weren't real clover, or herbs, and the Stork was not a real bird or a long legged dancer...!

Still, I am glad her scenario improved, and that she was moved, and that your cards were correct :)

Yeah, more "figurative," even if the administrator was a big, bluff dude and a "pillar of the community," and the residence was a nice little apartment.