GT Question

celticnoodle

So, I'm doing a G.T. for a male family member (requested) and their focus is work. I use the 4 rows of 8 cards and 4 cards centered in the 5th row.

If I'm doing the reading and I noticed the card that connects his card (male) to the woman card is a scythe, does this mean he is having some hardships with his wife--or does the woman card represent someone at work?

He works in a male oriented area, and I'm not sure he even has a woman there, so it throws me. I'm not sure if I should also mention that it shows he and wife are having words or issues or if I should mention that the woman card could represent someone at work. This work crowd is all quite rough and tough and so there really isn't anyone that I can think of who is even feminine.

Thanks in advance!

Padma

He might be making career decisions that affect his wife? Scythe can be rapid or hasty decisions...and it could impact her, as well. Or he may be thinking of leaving that company, but his wife plays into/impacts his decision.

Or, there may be discussions about his job at home, that lead to sharp or hurtful words, or, they are both involved in decisions about his leaving that job.

Just a few other takes on what that might mean.

Tag_jorrit

I would look for the work card, the Moon, and see what cards are influencing it.

Kurenai

And if you're worried about the state of their marriage, look at the ring card and see which "house" it is situated in. As well as the surrounding cards.

celticnoodle

He might be making career decisions that affect his wife? Scythe can be rapid or hasty decisions...and it could impact her, as well. Or he may be thinking of leaving that company, but his wife plays into/impacts his decision.

Or, there may be discussions about his job at home, that lead to sharp or hurtful words, or, they are both involved in decisions about his leaving that job.

Just a few other takes on what that might mean.
oh duh! yeah! I think it is pointing to rapid and possibly hasty decisions. He is known for doing this. I doubt seriously he will leave the company--but he may choose to take a new position that could mean a move. Not that the wife wouldn't be unhappy about that! She doesn't like where they are now--but he has a great job, so stuck for the time being.

Thanks Padma. I didn't think of that!

I would look for the work card, the Moon, and see what cards are influencing it.
Okay. I will do that tomorrow. My eyes were getting tired, so I am leaving it be fro now. I did look at the work card, (can't recall where it was now though)--but I never thought of looking at the Moon card. Why would I? I don't understand what the significance of the Moon card is--if you can explain? Thank you, Tag_jorrit! :)

And if you're worried about the state of their marriage, look at the ring card and see which "house" it is situated in. As well as the surrounding cards.

No, I really am not, but I will admit I saw that and I thought, "Uh-oh! What could they possibly be upset about?" They have a very strong marriage - but every marriage has its pitfalls too. I know if there is a misunderstanding, it wouldn't be anything major.

This said, I know the wife gets really irritated with his work company. They cause a lot of stress, sadly, but they also put up with it because it pays extremely well--and as her hubby says, "Its what I get payed for." so.....

I will also look at the ring card tomorrow. I'm just too tired to do anymore tonight. thanks for your help, Kurenai.

Barleywine

Moon has meanings attributed to it such as recognition, praise, fame, renown. In some European reading styles, it is attributed to work, for these and other reasons. I am sure Tag will come back with deeper meanings than I have said here, but meanwhile, here are some links for Moon card meanings...

http://lenormanddictionary.blogspot.ca/p/helens-lenormand-dictionary.html

http://learnlenormand.com/lenormand-moon-meaning/

http://www.cafelenormand.com/lenormand-moon-meaning/

I second this. The connection seems to be that work is often the source of such recognition: promotions, raises, performance awards, etc. beyond just being the source of a paycheck. Work is also a repetitive or cyclical activity, another nod to the Moon, but this seems to be a more modern interpretation. Some say Fox means "work," but I can't see it ("skills" maybe, but that's strictly a personal observation). In a broader sense, I've seen Anchor (denoting stability) described as "career." There seems to be some fundamental disagreement on all of this.

Padma

Myself, I think Fox is a day-to-day kind of job - something you just do to make money, because you need to live...Fox is clever, and will know how to get what he needs to feed his family... Anchor is a calling,something special, not everyone has one...work of a lifetime kind of thing. A passionate endeavor that "anchors" you. For instance, priests, military personnel, lawyers, doctors...things that take a big chunk of your life, but you don't mind, it is a calling, a vocation.

And Moon for efforts given, and rewards received...recognition for what you do.

Well, that is my take, anyways :)

1Eleven

If I'm doing the reading and I noticed the card that connects his card (male) to the woman card is a scythe, does this mean he is having some hardships with his wife--or does the woman card represent someone at work?

Could you clarify the position of these? This could be connected a few different ways.

For work, I look at the Moon and Anchor (Ship if self-employed)

If you're looking for money then I'd look at the Fish, Bear, House and Ship

Barleywine

Could you clarify the position of these? This could be connected a few different ways.

Please do, I was wondering the same thing. My understanding is that the interpretation of the Scythe can be slightly different depending on which side of the Significator it falls on. But if the main Significator in this spread is actually the "work" card (as I would probably approach it considering the apparent thrust of the question), it would be a different ball-game. The interaction of the male and female cards would still be relevant, but perhaps more as a byproduct. Is the question mainly about the future of his "work" or about its effect on the relationship?

Maybe a scan of that part of the GT would be useful?