History of Fortune Telling Cards?

Aster Breo

I'm interested in learning about the history of non-tarot fortune telling cards, especially decks related to Lenormand.

Are there any books out there that cover this topic, either in whole or in part? Other good resources?

I'm not an historian or historical researcher, myself, so I'd love to just find the definitive book on this subject. ;-) But I suspect it doesn't exist. (Yet.) Maybe there are chapters in broader books, though, that wouldn't leap out in a search?

I'm already familiar with Mary Greer's fantastic blog, as well as the Lenormand Museum site and the World of Playing Cards site.

Thank you for any help!

Aster Breo

Thanks, Reall! I'd forgotten about that blog.

reall

np!^^ that's best I discovered when doing reserch on Lhistory for my deck!^^ lolz :))
guess every creator goes by same road?!^^ so it would be good to have that link posted in topic*Lenormand deck creators or something like that?^^lolz :))

feel free to ask if you need anything!^^ :))

and best luck with your deck!^^:))

IHeartRescues

Great link reall! Thanks, I would never have thought to look under the Burning Serpent site, but w/ Rachel Pollack's input, of course!

reall

yep!^^ I find it by chance when I googled his tarot and then lenormand!^^ there is a good web page with lots of good posts!^^ so it's always good to check on people who did they homework good!^^ lolz :))