The Petit Jeu Lenormand Finally Reveals Its Mystery

Mewwix

Hi, has anyone seen or read this book yet? It has been out since September 2015 but i haven't seen any reviews on it. Wondering if it's worth the price as it's kind of expensive to get. :\

Tag_jorrit

From what the back cover says, it sound like a great deal of non-traditional-Lenormand creativity is contained within its pages.

Philippe

Contrary to what is said previously, this dense book details the similarities of the Petit Lenormand with traditional systems, such as the french cartomancy with 32 cards or Etteilla.
The link with the 36 astrological decans is quite cleverly done. Her references to an almost forgotten writer are not too heavy. She proposes many spreads.
I have the french edition.

DuschkaDescendant

Hello Philippe
Does the The book explain Ober and Unter knaves please?
Thank you x

IHeartRescues

WHAT? WHERE??

Hold the phone-----How have I not heard of this til NOW ?

No seriously, not ONE WORD anywhere on my Lenormand blogs nor FB pages, no Amazon recommendations....how does this happen on pages DEVOTED TO the SUBJECT????

Mewwix

So Philippe do you think it's a book worth getting? :\ is the information useful for actual reading?

Philippe

Hold the phone-----How have I not heard of this til NOW ?

No seriously, not ONE WORD anywhere on my Lenormand blogs nor FB pages, no Amazon recommendations....how does this happen on pages DEVOTED TO the SUBJECT????

It's not an easy read so...

She tries to find a system, a coherent order in the deck and that's what I find interesting. She's not only paraphrasing the symbolism of the cards as many others do. For that purpose, she analyses meticulously the verses (she uses the Brepols but mentions briefly the Geûens and Dondorf decks), considering also the playing cards inserts, she reorders the cards and links them to the astrological decans.

Philippe

So Philippe do you think it's a book worth getting? :\ is the information useful for actual reading?

As I don't know how you read and what you need to be a better reader, I cannot honestly answer your question.
All I can say is it's too dense to be your first Lenormand's book.

Tag_jorrit

The reason I said above that it seems that the book contains great deal of non-traditional-Lenormand creativity is that, when Lenormand cards were first published in the mid-1800s, in fact up until probably the turn of the last century, the only instructions that accompanied the deck was the Philippe Le Normand page, here. That's it.

It includes the meanings of each card, although they have evolved somewhat with time, as well as references to the effects that the cards have on one another that we refer to as combinations. No mention is made of the playing card inserts, certainly no association with astrology, no mention of reversals, no mention of houses or any spreads other than what has become known as the grand tableau.

I find it astonishing that a book can claim to "reveal mysteries" when the card meanings are laid out in clear, rather matter-of-fact terms in these directions and at the bottom of the page of instructions ends with, "This is the whole science of Mlle. LeNormand ..." With no woo-woo or mysticism implied anywhere in the instructions.

JMHO.