Cartomancy :Mara's system

olivia

Is anyone familiar with this system?
I ordered my e-book yesterday and it seems very interesting...and different, so I was wondering for its accuracy, any thoughts?

celticnoodle

I am not familiar with it, but when I did a google search, I did find it was discussed her before on AT. do a search on this site for "Mara" and I'm sure you will find it. It was posted by a member here named "Lee" and posted on
09-09-2003. Lee did like it and thought it was very worth the money.

If you do order it as well, it'd be interesting to see what you think of it too. please keep us posted.

Aristede

Hi Olivia,

Mara's system is interesting and very different from anything else I've ever come across. I bought the e-book about a year ago. I found this system to be excellent for relationship readings, but a little bit vague for other kinds of questions and issues.

Aristede

Barbaras Ahajusts

Does anyone have the link to her web page?

Barbara

Bernice

Aristede, I scrolled down and clicked the tutorial link. You gotta pay for it - sight unseen - no proper description of her method - no sample readings etc.
She just wants cash up front.... I'm not playing.

Bee.

Aristede

Hi Bee,

Yeah, I purchased the e-book sight unseen, and I'm not sorry I did. Her method is very different from anything I've ever come across. As I mentioned above, I've gotten some very accurate relationship readings from her method.

Here's a brief overview of how her method works:

Basically, she uses a 40 card deck (after discarding the 3s, 4s, and 5s from each of the four suits).

The meanings she attributes to the Hearts, Clubs and Diamonds are identical except that one suit will apply to the querent specifically (chosen by physical coloring), another suit will refer to the querent's SO (also chosen by coloring). The remaining suit refers to external influences (if your querent does not have an SO, then there would be two suits to represent external influences).

For example, if your querent is represented by Hearts, the 10:heart: would refer to her work or money issues. If her lover/husband/boyfriend/love interest is represented by Clubs, then the 10:club: would refer to his job or money matters.

The Spades carry special influence, and drive the theme of the reading. For example, the Ace of Spades represents bad news or a separation.

Mara also provides detailed instructions and illustrations for the shuffle and cut, and an elaborate layout she calls The Grand Spread.

I hope this little overview helps you decide if this method would be useful for you.
Aristede

Bernice

Hi Aristede,

Your overview does help. Thanks a lot for that.
I've come across sooooo many methods over the last months, I've now got head-spin!

Actually, all the methods work! So after gathering a few more (& I bet they're out there!) I'll have to choose and settle on just a few of them.

Bee

inertia

I purchased too Mara's tutorial. It's really similar to an old cartomancy method that I learned years ago in my homeland. It's accurate but it may sound a bit childish(regarding the interpretations). Of course, a card reader must go a bit further. But the basics given are good and useful!