G.O.Mebes photography

Densav

Greetings.

I'm asking for help for G.O.Mebes photography.
I'm from Ukraine, the ex-USSR territory, and despite the fact, that G.O.Mebes read a series of lectures in Russia (later USSR), (these lectures was further compiled into "Encyclopedia of Occultism"), we don't have any photography left. This happened due to soviet communistic dictatorship, post-revolution repressions and war.
If anybody have the photo, or information, that may help, please respond.

Truly yours, Denis.

Kircher Tree

G. O. M.'s book on the Minors is translated into Portuguese. It is either still in print, or available on the used market from time to time.

His book on the Majors is on the web at:

http://psylib.org.ua/books/gomeb01/index.htm

It is in Russian, but the google translator works fairly well for Russian-English (better than French-English or Spanish-English for some reason).

You can also download the entire book at this site and run it through BabbleFish if your Russian is a little rusty.

Densav

Greetings.

Thank you. I have russian book of G.O.Mebes in paper, and it is a valuable book in my lib. Also we have an addition to original book on the market. But their both didn't have any documentary information concering the person of G.O.Mebes, as they didn't have any photo of him.
Does the Portuguese version have any photo of G.O.Mebes?

Truly Yours, Denis.

moderndayruth

Thanks for the link, Kircher Tree.
I've downloaded the book in Russian and just went through the article on Fool - it' s great read.
Denis, is it possible to buy the book in Russian online?
ETA: ( i mean the 'paper book' in Russian ;))

babeijon

Ah, I found another link to find the picture of the G.O.M cards complete (with the interesting cabbalistic information) which is missing in the other link:

http://trionfi.com/l-old-tarots-deck-list/

At the end, Cabbalistic Tarot G.O.M

Wandering Voice

I have the Mouni Sadhu book on my shelf. This was my first book I had read as an introduction to the Tarot and was an amazing read. One I wish to go through again, now that I have a greater understanding of some of the subject material discussed.

In the book, there are no images of Mebes or any other people aside from the figures in the images of the Major Arcana.

Looking over the Mebes book linked above (thank you, btw), I see some similarities in the content, but only from the images and graphics. I do not speak or read Russian, unfortunately.

Anyone know of an English copy of this book available anywhere? Affordable print would be preferable but electronic would satisfy me.

NoTalking

Last thing I heard is several people (including some on this board) were trying to translate his stuff. It seems to be gaining some attention lately. Hopefully his efforts can come into the light soon!