The Pamela Colman Smith Centennial Deck review thread

Emily

When I got the defective book in the PCS set, I emailed them and he sent me a new one right away. In fact, any time I have contacted the company, it was Mr Kaplan who got back to me. I get the impression he really cares about customer service.

I was pretty impressed too - I only sent the email to complain, I never expected a reply from Stuart Kaplan apologising and then sending a new book, especially as it's a fairly heavy book for its size and it had to come all the way to the UK.

Richard

I was pretty impressed too - I only sent the email to complain, I never expected a reply from Stuart Kaplan apologising and then sending a new book, especially as it's a fairly heavy book for its size and it had to come all the way to the UK.
I am very impressed that Mr. Kaplan has such consideration for customers. The world needs more businessmen like that. I decided not to request a non-defective Pictorial Key because (1) I like my old illustrated, hard bound edition better, and (2) I'll never, ever sell any part of my treasured PCS set anyhow.

Emily

When I first bought the PCS set, I didn't realise quite what an impact the deck would have on me. I've never took to the colouring of the other Rider Waite decks and had never bought a copy of the Pictorial Key book. So when the set came, I was very impressed with the colouring of the deck, quality of the cardstock and the other book and cards but disappointed that I had a defective book, I didn't realise until Stuart Kaplan emailed me back and said that rogue books had gotten through. I had already mended my book but was pleased to have a complete book on the way.

It is my favourite of the Rider Waites now so although I have two sets, one is a backup and I also doubt whether I could ever bring myself to sell it on and I also keep the one good book with it. The other book, that I mended is the one I use and the third went into my tarot library with a handwritten addition to the World. I went from having no books to three lol

I'd have no problems at all in recommending the PCS to anyone, I think it is a lovely deck to work with. :)

BSwett

OH EM Gee!

It's so so so very beautiful. I wish Pixie would have seen this…….

<3

B.