Mystical Kipper

GotH

Great. Now I HAVE to get the Mystical Kipper.

danieljuk

Interesting, Dan! How do you combine with them?

I've never had a bad reading with it and love the card themes. It's from the same European "family" as Lenormand and I always see it like those cards. I actually prefer it a little more to Lenormand (shuuush don't tell anyone). However you can read them as just separate cards as well, I like it's flexibility.

Because it has so many "people character" cards I find them a little difficult personally to read when they come up as individual cards and so my method is to read them like lenormand and use multiples.

example combining spread....

male character #1 + meeting (4) + good lady (6)

in this reading I would say the male querent will meet a rich and older lady, I would need more cards to see if this was love or is she a relative but a meeting of someone.

Some of the cards in the 'Kipper are very positive or very negative, like the funeral card, sickness, but also the great happiness cards. I don't think the cards are literal and we have to read more into it than just the face of the cards. It's like reading the tarot death card as death each time. They are more complex than just the word and picture show :)

I haven't done a very large spread with them yet, I just use them in smaller spreads

I am hoping if Mystical Kipper becomes more popular, someone will write a good book on them! I would definitely buy it! :) I want more!

Padma

Great. Now I HAVE to get the Mystical Kipper.

*ahem* <puts on best wheedling, enabling voice>

Oh, you *must*, GotH! They are only $10 at Amazon, and the Mystical is so cute! :) (the one painted by Urban Trosch I mean)

I've never had a bad reading with it and love the card themes. It's from the same European "family" as Lenormand and I always see it like those cards. I actually prefer it a little more to Lenormand (shuuush don't tell anyone). However you can read them as just separate cards as well, I like it's flexibility.

Thanks for sharing all that info, Dan! :love: And I have to agree - I was pleasantly surprised, and I find them more pleasant and chattier than the Lennies, lol! It does help to have more than just a snake to represent another woman....It is very like the Italian Sibella as well, I thought! I didn't go through both decks to compare each card, but they seem to be almost identical.

I also would like a thorough book on the subject! :) Since I am new to them, I have just been sort of reading face value, but I can sense the undertones there. Will have to practice!

danieljuk

I would definitely regard the cards and their themes as "abstracts".

for example the funeral card (originally called "death") sees something being buried and is really a card about burying something and letting go and could be literal but most of the time is not.

Mystical Kipper also has "original cards" and the modern redrawing and they have different names and definitions, a bit like Lenormand. So we have to work out our own way with them :) Some of the German modern cards and their write up are different to the English! I can only go by translated versions as I don't know any German :)

There is a thread somewhere on AT about combining kipper with tarot, works very well!

Padma

There is a thread somewhere on AT about combining kipper with tarot, works very well!

I have certainly successfully combined Lennies with Tarot, so I see why Kippers would combine well, too! Better, even, likely, as they are more layered and little more tarot-like. :) I will look for the thread!

GotH

Thanks for the suggestion. Urban Trosch. I will keep a look out for them. Why are they only $10?

Padma

Thanks for the suggestion. Urban Trosch. I will keep a look out for them. Why are they only $10?

Dunno - the writer (Elizabeth Regula Fiechter) and the artist (Urban Trosch) also have a Mystical Lenormand out, and neither deck is expensive. They are really whimsical, though! The card stock is great, too! :D

Morwenna

I just bought one today! I haven't even opened it yet.

danieljuk

I hope you love it Morwenna! :thumbsup: