I forget from year to year --

Red Emma

Forgetting

AprilFool said:
So does that mean there can be no card less than 1 or greater than 9 (in other words no card will be the resulting card past IX "The Hermit"?

I somehow thought you stopped as soon as you got to a number that is included in the Majors (ie through XXI-The World)? If not, then no one would "get" these later cards (not to mention #0 The Fool):

I'm with April Fool all the way. And, it never occurred to me before, but how would one use this formula and ever get 0, the fool?

By the way, Marion is right about 19 being the sun. I had used my book, "78 Degrees of Wisdom," to look it up. I then got mislaid by the Moon's being "Figure 19," rather than major arcana #19. Also, according to the same book, the sun shows an active, energized state. I'd really, really like for that to be true. Since he retired he's kind of pulled back into himself and watches a whole lot of TV.

Rose

I’ve always used this formula (I believe I originally go it from Mary
Greer’s book):

To find your year card, add the day and month of your birthday
to the current year (2007). Then reduce the total by adding the
digits of the total together. If your final total equals a double digit
number, 22 or less, do not reduce to a single digit.
In other words, you keep the highest number under 23.
(22 = The Fool.)

Red Emma’s husband’s birthday is March 7, so

Month of Birth 3
Day of Birth 7
Current Year 2007
Total 2017 = 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10 = The Wheel of Fortune

Note: In order to have the Magician as a year card the dates will have to add up to 10,000. This won’t happen again until the year 9957 (day of birth December 31). The High Priestess card won’t appear again as a year card until the year 9958 (day of birth December 31)—which will add up to 10,001 = 2.

SunChariot

Red Emma said:
I forget from year to year how one identifies their 'year card.'

My husband's birthday is March 7, so I did the following: 3 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 7. This result is 19, or the moon. He's so practical, down to earth, I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it, it's hard to understand how he could ever relate to the moon.

Did I use the wrong forumula?

I do it
_____
2017=2+0+1+7=10

I add in columns and my years have always been completely accurate of where I am in my life anyway. As well that would mean, the way I learnt it, that he would be in a Wheel of Fortune year starting March 7, 2007 to March 6, 2008. March 7, 2008, being the start of his next Tarot year.

And btw, you mentioned that you could not see how the card could relate to your husband... we all go through all of the year cards in our lifetimes and are influenced by each of them when it is their year for us. Are you possibly confusing the year cards with the personality cards? Year cards only relate to the major influences he will have to face this year, not at all to who he is as a person.

Calculating his Soul and Personality cards requires you to add the day and month he was born to the year he was born, not to this year...just checking.

Bar

SunChariot

Red Emma said:
I'm with April Fool all the way. And, it never occurred to me before, but how would one use this formula and ever get 0, the fool?

When adding up Tarot years, any number of 22 or lower is your year. If the number is higher than 22, lets say you got 24 you would have to add the 2 and the 4 and get 6. Card 22 is the Fool when calculating Tarot years, this is done because to let the system take into account the fact no combinations of numbers in dates can add up to zero. So the Fool is considered # 22 for the purpose of Tarot years, Soul Cards and Personality cards.

Bar

celticnoodle

I've always heard it as SunChariot described. This year I'm a "2" - the Hierophant.

SunChariot

celticnoodle said:
I've always heard it as SunChariot described. This year I'm a "2" - the Hierophant.

You lost me there,:grin: wouldn't "2" make you in a High Priestess year? The Hierophant is card 5.

Bar

celticnoodle

oops! that is what I meant!

SunChariot

That's ok, you should see some of my typos. :grin:

And your year looks better than mine too. I'm off having a Chariot year and it hasn't been easy to say the least, but hey in 6 months starts my Justice year.

Bar

WalesWoman

I've done it two ways and it still comes out the same.

+**01
+2007
2+1+6=9 But I also like that 20/16 is Judgement/Tower... so sets the tone for 9 Hermit

8+1+2+0+0+7=18 Moon Which breaks down to 9 Hermit Which seems to explain the issues surrounding the Judgement/Tower combo.

So I'm either having a Moon year or a Hermit year in a Hermit year.

MeeWah

I calculate it according to Mary K. Greer's system, & like SunChariot's.

My years seem accurate with this approach, as does those of others I have read for. & SunChariot's explanation of the Year Card correct.

Thus, Red Emma's hubby will be in a 10-Wheel of Fortune Year, which is the same as mine. Or mine will be for 2007.

Expect the unexpected or surprises. & pay attention to the synchronistic. A good year for dealing with the unfinished things since the year following may be that of 11-Justice.