Tarot Kaizen

Pipistrelle

I've just downloaded this Kindle book which looks very interesting and thought I'd share.

Tarot Kaizen by Alison Cross:
http://amzn.eu/24ngsT3

It's a long-term system of getting to know a deck which you don't really read with. I'm going to try it with the Daniloff - although I know I won't be able to commit to the once a day habit, I'm hoping to still be able to work through it at my own pace.

You might know Alison from TABI or her Tarot Thrones blog (which is all about the court cards).

Nemia

Thank you for this great tip! I love books with exercises and have downloaded the sample. If it seems do-able, I'll buy it :)

And the Daniloff is also on my list of decks I'd like to know better... quite a long list actually *hrrr-hmp*...

Pipistrelle

Hi Nemia!

I've only done the first two exercises so far (which are in the sample anyway) and am already noticing lots about the deck that I haven't before. I'm quite excited about the whole prospect - though I'll admit I haven't read ahead at all so I'm not quite sure what I'm getting myself into.

Also, I forgot to say in my first post, all these exercises are taken from her Facebook group so others might prefer to try and join that when it's running. I don't do Facebook though and I'd much prefer to work at my own pace.

I've just designed a deck interview spread in preparation for the third exercise - I decided to use the Daniloff's card back design as a template!

Ace of Stars

I purchased it last night and today did the first 2 exercises with the Dreams of Gaia Tarot... which is not really a tarot deck (for example IV is The Mother! Weird.)

I'm pretty excited, and only did two exercises because I forced myself to put the book down and do some work (and then ended up here... funny how that happens).

Nemia

I bought it, too :) The Kindle sample convinced me.

Pipistrelle

I bought it, too :) The Kindle sample convinced me.

Excellent! Have you decided on a deck?

I am on exercise 9, which is the 3 card reading from week two. It's going well. I'm looking forward to shuffling all the cards back together though (this week they have been separated into majors, courts and minors).

Nemia

Not yet - I have too many! :rolleyes:

Alison Cross

Thank you :)

My friend Viv just gave me a prod and pointed out this thread to me and I am so happy to see people using my little e-book!

Thank you for your kind words - they are very much appreciated :D

If there are points that need clarification, please let me know and I'll do my best to explain. BTW - I formatted the book myself (scary process!) and so there may be the odd snafu which I will be correcting over the next week or so.

Ali Cross x

Nemia

Great to see you here! I was so much in need of such a book; I wonder why most books don't address the problem of decks that are difficult to "warm up to".

Nemia

I picked my Night Sun Tarot, a deck that haunted me although I knew it's not my style - and that I really want to get to know better and work with. I shy back from it.

I did the first chapter over the last few days with great results.

This book is the right balance between fun and serious. I really wonder, why couldn't I think of these ideas myself?

I'll do this Kaizen process with more decks, that's for sure. I love how the author breaks the task up into little bites that are nice and tasty to swallow - so far :)