2 of Swords Outcome

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, in a reading I posted in Your Readings http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=269228 I had the 2 of Swords as outcome, but I don't understand its meaning.

My reading is about how to fulfill a wish of mine: finding/getting to know from now on only people really reliable and suitable for me. If I follow the 5 Cups guidance for my future, I'll end up with a 2 Swords result. I interpreted the 5 Cups as the need to be willing to move on from setbacks and disappointments, as unfortunately they can happen, but I don't get then an unclear result as a 2 Swords one.

My opinion is that probably I'll learn to choose better the people of my life by pondering carefully if they're really good and reliable persons, but perhaps the card also says I'll become more detached and logical, letting no more possibile setbacks emotionally destroy me.

What do you think?
Thanks so much.

IndigoWaves

but perhaps the card also says I'll become more detached and logical, letting no more possibile setbacks emotionally destroy me.
That is pretty much how I'd see it... Better self-protection and "centeredness" by not letting your feelings run the show. A 2 of Swords person is also empowered by not being overly dependent on others for happiness (unlike the 5C, which may have been your tendency, leading to unhappiness that now must be left behind); more logical, less emotionally-driven expectations of others will bring fewer (and less intense) disappointments whenever things don't pan out... So, overall, it looks like you'll inhabit a much calmer, more stable place both inwardly and outwardly if you follow this particular path.

ihcoyc

The 2 of swords to me suggests decisions that need to be made, but aren't. You want to use some kind of method to figure out who you should befriend and who you don't, but you have difficulty putting the pieces together and the result is going nowhere. You may simply need to make a choice and stick with it.

Grizabella

The two of Swords might also mean that you'll run the risk of isolating yourself by being so selective. The woman on that card is blindfolded and has the two Swords in front of her to prevent anyone coming close or getting through to you with new input.

The 5 of Swords reminds you also that, even though there are spilled Cups, there are still full ones, too. I think it reminds you that we have to learn to take the not-so-good with the good. We have to remain willing to become vulnerable in order to find the closest of friends. The good can't exist without the bad for contrast.

elena_jaymz

That is pretty much how I'd see it... Better self-protection and "centeredness" by not letting your feelings run the show. A 2 of Swords person is also empowered by not being overly dependent on others for happiness (unlike the 5C, which may have been your tendency, leading to unhappiness that now must be left behind); more logical, less emotionally-driven expectations of others will bring fewer (and less intense) disappointments whenever things don't pan out... So, overall, it looks like you'll inhabit a much calmer, more stable place both inwardly and outwardly if you follow this particular path.

Hi IndigoWaves, thanks. I agree with you, it seems a better approach at least.

elena_jaymz

The 2 of swords to me suggests decisions that need to be made, but aren't. You want to use some kind of method to figure out who you should befriend and who you don't, but you have difficulty putting the pieces together and the result is going nowhere. You may simply need to make a choice and stick with it.

Hi ihcoyc, thanks. Your take is right, I'm in a phase where I'm still meditating about which is the best course of action to take, so yes, I'm still carrying those heavy swords and haven't made a clear choice yet.

elena_jaymz

Thanks Grizabella for your reply.
The two of Swords might also mean that you'll run the risk of isolating yourself by being so selective. The woman on that card is blindfolded and has the two Swords in front of her to prevent anyone coming close or getting through to you with new input.
I was thinking about that me too, a risk to become too selective and letting none in, that's why this card as outcome doesn't look great to me.

The 5 of Cups reminds you also that, even though there are spilled Cups, there are still full ones, too. I think it reminds you that we have to learn to take the not-so-good with the good. We have to remain willing to become vulnerable in order to find the closest of friends. The good can't exist without the bad for contrast.
Yes, the 5 Cups is also about that. If you don't open up, surely you'll get to know none, so yes, I have to be careful, but at the same time I cannot shut myself off and I don't even want to. I have to find a balance in my approach.

JoyousGirl

Dear Elena

Perhaps I am reading myself when I read this card for you - but this is how I see it:

You are very sensitive, you see too much, you dissect all the information that you get.

The 2 of Swords may mean that even if you can look so deeply into people, and see or feel their little judgements, that you ignore these as if you did not see them, and do not take all that they say to heart. You are probably very intense - and when you look at people they feel it and see it in your eyes but it scares them.

You'll make a dedicated and loyal friend - and someone will appreciate that.

xo

elena_jaymz

Dear Elena

Perhaps I am reading myself when I read this card for you - but this is how I see it:

You are very sensitive, you see too much, you dissect all the information that you get.
Hi JoyousGirl, thanks for your help here. You're right, I'm a very sensitive person and yes, I dissect all the information I get.

The 2 of Swords may mean that even if you can look so deeply into people, and see or feel their little judgements, that you ignore these as if you did not see them, and do not take all that they say to heart. You are probably very intense - and when you look at people they feel it and see it in your eyes but it scares them.
It may be so, often I don't get wrong about people, but sometimes I do, indeed I lost or, at this point, got rid of those, I thought, were my friends. It's also true that when I got hurt then I have no mercy, nor respect anymore to those who offended me and made me suffer. I don't easily forgive, or better: I'm sick to forgive.

You'll make a dedicated and loyal friend - and someone will appreciate that.

xo
I really hope so, thanks again.

violetdaisy

2 of Swords as outcome - well, I haven't read the other responses but to me it looks like the outcome is after taking a look at what hasn't worked (In 5 Cups the person IS paying attention to the empty/broken cups). You may decide to open your ears and close your eyes. I.e. - take your brain out of the situation because your other senses tell you more than what you can actually dissect and pick apart something too much, you might lose the whole picture.

I'm not ignoring the 2 swords in the two of swords either - because she's in defensive mode instead of offensive mode she's able to be receptive but safe - for the time being. This 2 can't be a permanent outcome, it's a transitional thing until you find a balance.