Sign-up thread for Faery Seekers Circle (FSC) ~ June 2011 (next round in September)

strings of life

Since the summer months tend to be a bit slower on the forum, we have decided that this will be the last FSC exchange until September. We'll start sign-ups for that in mid-August.

We'll see you then. Feel free to play around with the fae until then; I know I will ;).

:heart:, aurarcana & Alta

--

Hi faery lovers!

The Faery Seekers Circle uses the decks of Brian Froud, the Faeries' Oracle and/or the Heart of Faery. No other faery decks.

Faery Lovers of any experience level are welcome, we are a friendly crew. But, if you start, you must finish!

The circle runs for a calendar month, generally with the readings being from the 1st to the 20th and everything to be complete by the end of the month. While the 20th is not a set reading due date, it is nice to give your partner enough time to reflect on the reading before they leave feedback.

PLEASE NOTE: Taking part in the circle requires a commitment to interact with your partner over the week......reading, feedback and discussion. Communication and keeping in contact is essential especially if you run into problems and delays.

Life happens to all of us, if you cannot get your reading done in the allotted amount of time, please, DO NOT leave your partner hanging. A PM or an update in your thread would be greatly appreciated by your partner.

--

If you are interested in being added to the PM notification list, please post here and Alta will add you.

--

Here is the suggested spread, it can be used for something specific or adapts nicely to a general reading.

All-Purpose Compass Spread (6 cards) via Glass Owl:

----4----
---------
5--1/2--6
---------
----3----

1. Question or Current Situation
Where you find yourself presently. The heart of the matter.

2. The Weather
Forces or energies bearing down on the situation presently, affecting it for better or worse. (This card crosses card 1.)

3. Recent Past
Where you were before. The foundation or root.

4. Potential Developments
What can be seen in the horizon. This is the direction the situation is heading towards and may serve as a warning.

5. A Step Backwards: Forget This
What holds you back or weighs you down. Reduce, discard, or avoid this negative energy to make the best of your situation.

6. A Step Forward: Remember This
What motivates you to grow and provides you with a sense of purpose. Nurture and embrace this positive energy to make the best of your situation.

--

Enjoy!

- aurarcana, FSC co-host

--

ETA: faerieluca & ellirhyn, your PM Inboxes are full so I was unable to PM you about the start of sign-ups.

Linh

Sign me up, please! :D

tarotlaura

I really like this spread. Count me in too.

strings of life

Linh and tarotlaura, I added you :).

autumn star

sign me up, thanks :)

DragonFae

Me too please

strings of life

autumn star and DragonFae, I added you - welcome :).

nani

I would like to join you on this one =)

strings of life

I added you to the list nani :).