Askng the Right Questions

Aster Breo

I'm looking for resources (books, websites, blogs, posts here, etc.) about the art of structuring the question to give the most accurate and useful reading.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Lee

Hi Aster Breo,

Welcome to Aeclectic, from a fellow Marylander! :)

There was a recent discussion here, but other than that I don't know any specific resources. I think most folks agree that questions for Lenormand readings should be more specific rather than less, as the interpretive possibilities can be helpfully narrowed if the question is specific.

danieljuk

I would say the question asking is the same as tarot and all divination. Avoid yes / no answers to questions (too simplistic and binary). Make them open ended and positive.

for example....

will I ever marry? too open, too binary
will I be lonely forever? negatively worded, binary, too open.
what do I need to know about the chances of meeting someone in the next year? much better! getting to the point of the question and giving a specific time frame.

what do I need to know.....? is a good way of taking topics you struggle to write out a details question about. I have also had success with Lenormand asking about general topics "this month" "love" "work" etc. But specific is good too.

Some years ago, someone compiled a question thread here of great example questions that work great with tarot. I think it's worth trying them with lenormand as well. That thread is here

anie

Ah,
Lenormand the Literal! I love it, and the questions are key... I'm constantly testing out questions and what works and what doesn't (within my own skill level)

I have found this helpful- or at least gives a few question ideas
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=209377

Village Witch

I was a bit puzzled this morning when I asked the cards to show me the hubby's trip out of town today and the reading made reference to a business meeting. I then remembered he had an arranged stop to make along the way to meet with a prospective client. I had to rephrase to ask about the drive and would he and the car arrive safely.

At times I am general in my questions hoping to see what I don't expect, but I also find it is very helpful to be very specific. Either that or to draw more cards. :-D