online spread

greyhound-lady

Hi, I recently met someone online (not in relationship with them,although want to be!) And I did an spread that I found on this forum and in these positions I got these cards:
True compatibility: eight of pentacles
is meeting this person in person a good idea: three pentacles

I am thinking for the 8 pentacles, we can work on it to make it a great relationship, it may taken some work but can be done...or is it more,it ll be too much work so not worth it,but thought the ten wands would of been more suited.
three of pentacle,if we meet in person then again we could work together to make a stable relationship?

Any input would be appreciated!

jenessa

Is meeting this person in person a good idea: three pentacles
The question you've asked in this position is a "yes/no" question.

I'm not sure whether this other card positon is intended to be "descriptive" re:

In any event, both 3 Pents & 8 Pents can be an indication that there is a NEED to: put time and effort into something. So the cards appear to be emphasizing that you will need to work at this relationship.

However, having said that, i've noted that in a general sense the 3 of Pentacles can be an indication that something shows promise.

I am thinking for the 8 pentacles, we can work on it to make it a great relationship, it may taken some work but can be done...or is it more, it ll be too much work so not worth it
Hard to say, tho I thot this position was supposed to be an indication of compatibility,, not so much about the long term potential of the relationship. However, as far as true compatibility goes, given that 8 Pents is an indication that the relationship will take work, i'd say that your compatibility DEPENDS on your willingness to work at things.

ThtDancerGuy

Hi, I recently met someone online (not in relationship with them,although want to be!) And I did an spread that I found on this forum and in these positions I got these cards:

I am thinking for the 8 pentacles, we can work on it to make it a great relationship, it may taken some work but can be done...or is it more,it ll be too much work so not worth it,but thought the ten wands would of been more suited.
three of pentacle,if we meet in person then again we could work together to make a stable relationship?

Any input would be appreciated!

Hi greyhound,

First, I'd like you to look at the cards you drew: the Eight of Pentacles, and it's younger, less evolved version, the Three of Pentacles. In each card there is a figure working on their craft, hard at work, and devoted to their task. Mind you also that while in the Three there are two other figures (ap)praising the main figure's work, the focus is mainly on the one figure who is doing the work. These cards, when they come up together, are a big indicator of work, both internally, externally, and on oneself. Now we will look at how these fit into the reading in this respect.

As far as true compatibility goes, the Eight of Pentacles shows me that you two will have a great compatibility in being able to not only work on yourselves while together, but also work on each other to build each other up. This is known traditionally as the "apprenticeship" card, signifying always being able to work on and improve upon something, showing you that that can be a strength in your potential relationship. This is the card of true, selfless work, because the figure in this card is working for themself by themself to better themself, not to gain praise or recognition like in the Three. Inverted, this card might have said that working on yourselves while together would be a tedious, arduous task and that too much work would be required to keep a relationship healthy.

For if meeting this person is a good idea, the Three of Pentacles here suggests that yes, if you do meet in person you will find beginning success in the meeting, signified by the working figure being praised by the other figures. You must also remember, however, that because this person is being watched and praised for their work by the other two, and this card is being split between both of your energies in this question, you both will be on edge wondering about how the other is seeing the other. So don't be discouraged if the meeting seems a little stale; it's only you and him trying to feel each other out simultaneously.

summeryjoy

Those two cards give the vibe of hard labor. I don't see clear yes or no with these cards; just that if you want this to happen, you'll have to work at it.

danieljuk

The fascinating thing about both those cards is they are both *the* cards showing a craftsman or artisan creating something physical in the RWS card pictures. Everyone on the thread is right, this will take a lot of work to make the "perfect" manifestation of what you want. This will take time, patience and work but there may be good rewards if you work at it! I guess the question are they worth dedicating your time and heart to? These cards are incredibly practical I wonder if you have to find a creative interest that you both have before a romantic one!

The "3" cards are always a slight worry that there is someone else in the relationship. They may not be true but just make sure they are not in a relationship with someone else or hiding that fact. I think with this card, it is a good idea if you both agree on it together, if one person is backing out or not really interested, they may not turn up! It needs to be a mutual meet up on both sides, not one dragging the other out! This might also signify to meet up with lots of people (like at a party or something) so neither of you are alone with each other. Which is good advice if you are meeting someone online anyway, set it up so it's a group thing perhaps.

greyhound-lady

Hi, firstly sorry for late reply, been having Internet problems so haven't been able to get on to check here.
Thank you all for replying,been very helpful, seems that everyone is in agreement with the fact that we both have to work at it/will require work and time.. and that is turning out to be very accurate! (Almost too much work/patience..but hopefully it ll be worth it)
Interesting point bout meeting up at a party rather then one to one , never thought bout that.
The point bout him being watched/praised by two other figures,he is a comedian that does gigs etc so that fits in cus he seems to get alot of attention from others

Thank you all again!