The fool + tower as a person

Dartellus

Hi!

I never thought i would see this combination, specially for a person.
But i see a immense power with this combination.

The fool is saying that this person is a free spirit, or, not caring too much about some aspects of life (I see that, in some ways, as a trait of wisdom).
The tower is the usual explosive changes in our lives, the ones that makes a lot of noise, an changes a lot of things.

So, i see a person that doesn't get shaken by the explosions of the tower.

But now comes my question: Is that a good thing? This person doesn't care about the explosions of the tower, but the explosion are supposed to be felt, so this person changes it.
Or, this person deals with a lot of maturity and good humor with the explosion and changes in life, that barely has difficulties (Or less than the most people) to deal with these explosions.

I confess, this combination intrigues me...

What you people think?
Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!

summeryjoy

I don't associate wisdom with the Fool. Maybe simplicity. The Bible says that one cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven until they become like a child. You see, it's not wisdom that leads us to enlightenment, it's simplicity.

There is also a lack of awareness associated with the Fool. He could slip off of that cliff if he doesn't realize he is on one. He's acting as if he is in a secure situation when he is not. It's not even a leap of faith; that would require him to understand the seveirty of the situation then leaping anywy. We know from the story that he doesn't fall though (unless he's Rx). I suppose the Universe conspires to save him simply because he believes he is safe.

I say the Fool in your reading doesn't comprehend the Tower situation. On the one hand, it may appear that he could get lost in the destruction that comes with the Tower. But if he's upright, I think he's simplicity might just bail him out of trouble. Maybe that dog will bark and get his attention away from the edge of the Tower or something.

The happy-go-lucky fellow survives the Tower by virtue of pure/innocent heart; nothing more, nothing less.

Just my two cents.

AnemoneRosie

This combination describes my aunt to a T! (And I don't like my aunt so this won't be a flattering description of a person).

This is someone who is so ditzy and flighty that they cannot see what's in front of their faces. As a result they cause chaos for whomever is around them. For example: when I was looking after my grandmother (my aunt's mother) I set up some homecare services so that I didn't need to do chores like the dishes and laundry as being a caregiver is hard enough already.

My aunt would come and, being the well-meaning person that she is, take over those duties. But being the Fool she didn't understand that I needed those services to be continuous, and she would forget to set them up again after she left. So I'd return to mountains of dirty dishes and my grandmother having no clean clothes or linens but mountains of dirty ones even though my aunt had done these chores during her stay. She was too much the Fool to realize the impact that her presence and absence had on a person. As a result she brought sudden change and chaos (the Tower) wherever she went.

Dartellus

I don't associate wisdom with the Fool. Maybe simplicity. The Bible says that one cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven until they become like a child. You see, it's not wisdom that leads us to enlightenment, it's simplicity.

There is also a lack of awareness associated with the Fool. He could slip off of that cliff if he doesn't realize he is on one. He's acting as if he is in a secure situation when he is not. It's not even a leap of faith; that would require him to understand the seveirty of the situation then leaping anywy. We know from the story that he doesn't fall though (unless he's Rx). I suppose the Universe conspires to save him simply because he believes he is safe.

I say the Fool in your reading doesn't comprehend the Tower situation. On the one hand, it may appear that he could get lost in the destruction that comes with the Tower. But if he's upright, I think he's simplicity might just bail him out of trouble. Maybe that dog will bark and get his attention away from the edge of the Tower or something.

The happy-go-lucky fellow survives the Tower by virtue of pure/innocent heart; nothing more, nothing less.

Just my two cents.

Hi summeryjoy!

What great description of the fool...lack of awareness.
I think simplicity it's an expression of wisdom, maybe not in the fool case, but it's.

Interesting, you see the fool as...a fool, escaping the tower because of his innocence and luck. But it's fantastic that the universe conspire on favor of the fool.
Great point there.

Thanks for the insight!

Dartellus

This combination describes my aunt to a T! (And I don't like my aunt so this won't be a flattering description of a person).

This is someone who is so ditzy and flighty that they cannot see what's in front of their faces. As a result they cause chaos for whomever is around them. For example: when I was looking after my grandmother (my aunt's mother) I set up some homecare services so that I didn't need to do chores like the dishes and laundry as being a caregiver is hard enough already.

My aunt would come and, being the well-meaning person that she is, take over those duties. But being the Fool she didn't understand that I needed those services to be continuous, and she would forget to set them up again after she left. So I'd return to mountains of dirty dishes and my grandmother having no clean clothes or linens but mountains of dirty ones even though my aunt had done these chores during her stay. She was too much the Fool to realize the impact that her presence and absence had on a person. As a result she brought sudden change and chaos (the Tower) wherever she went.

Hahaha, what description...
Interesting, that's a fantastic way to explain the fool + tower, i would never imagine such disaster...but in a innocent way.

Thanks for the help!

Aeterna

I do not have good thoughts about the Fool at all since i have got this combination when talking about someone who has quite a risky irresponsible behaviour.

The Fool by itself, to me, is talking about someone who does not care much about anything, or someone who might look missing always.

I think the tower is emphasizing this "foolish" behaviour.

Dartellus

I do not have good thoughts about the Fool at all since i have got this combination when talking about someone who has quite a risky irresponsible behaviour.

The Fool by itself, to me, is talking about someone who does not care much about anything, or someone who might look missing always.

I think the tower is emphasizing this "foolish" behaviour.

Hi Aeterna!

So, you saying that the tower is only saying that this fool is a big fool?
Interesting way of seeing this combination and the tower, i never thought the tower like this here.

Thanks for the insight!

tarot_quest

Hi!

Or, this person deals with a lot of maturity and good humor with the explosion and changes in life, that barely has difficulties (Or less than the most people) to deal with these explosions.

Thanks!

Hi Dartellus,

I really like your interpretation. I think that there a tons of potential ways to look at this combination and everybody has a different experience with these cards like you can see. Sometimes I see the fool like a nice beginning, someone who has a free spirit and sometimes like someone that is too independent, just to give you an idea (it really depends of the context)

If it is paired with the tower, why would the qualities of the fool not be useful to cope with the effect that can bring the tower? It make perfect sens here, an optimistic person that can cope more easily with daily problems or bigger problems

Tarot_Quest

AnemoneRosie

Hahaha, what description...
Interesting, that's a fantastic way to explain the fool + tower, i would never imagine such disaster...but in a innocent way.

Thanks for the help!

Yes. Innocent disaster is the perfect descriptor for what I was going for. Someone who means well but who causes chaos and trouble in their wake. Like that bombshell in movies who causes construction accidents behind her.

Enlightenment23

Six of Pentacles (Clarified by Devil) as a Person?

**delete post**