Fairytale Tarot (MRP) -- King of Coins

Master_Margarita

The story exemplifying this card is that of the King of the Golden Mountain (a suitable selection from the title alone!), which can be found in full here. This was not a tale I was familiar with, and it has the disjointed feel that the old tales often do--as if several similar stories were combined in one narrative.

It's hard to know what to make of this one. The King endures so much loss, and then regain. It reminds me of the Book of Job a bit. His father sets him adrift in a boat (and, poignantly, he still yearns to go back and see him). His wife and child vanish after he ignores his wife's plea not to take them back to his father. And in the end he beheads everyone around him and is left alone.

This card generally signifies family and business responsibility. It can signify someone a little on the boring side. It is interesting that the King is so drawn to see his own father (the previous generation) that he ends up losing his wife (the current generation) and apparently his son (the future generation)--the son vanishes from the tale about midway.

:heart: M_M~

moderndayruth

Master_Margarita said:
The King endures so much loss, and then regain. It reminds me of the Book of Job a bit.
Great comparison, M_M! Now you really gave me some food for thought and this was one of the FT cards/stories that i am struggling the most with, the plot is quite unusual indeed, not your regular fairytale...