Poll - what do you really want in a pre-order offer for BBCats' tarot?

What would you like the BBCats' Tarot pre-order offer to be?

• the biggest discount possible

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • no discount but free shipping

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • smaller or no discount and free print

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • smaller or no discount and free pack of postcards

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • smaller or no discount and free pack of greetings cards

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Quantity discount, like "buy two (or three) get one free" (inspired by supermarkets, this one!)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Discount, you are going to DISCOUNT them?!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Something different from these - please suggest

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

catdoc

Discount, your are going to DISCOUNT ?!

The only thing I expect from the pre-order is to be near the front of the line when you start shipping them out :)

And to help you know how big a first run printing you are going to need to satisfy the pent up demand. I would hate for you to run out of stock before I get my copy.

Deb

baba-prague

Deb, that's really nice of you, but yes, we have discounted quite deeply - but absolutely only until about a week before printing - i.e. in this case the pre-order offer will not be extended.

In fact though, it's good all round. It encourages people to buy early on straight from us, which really makes a big difference as it helps offset the printing costs as quickly as possible. It also gives back something to the people who have been supportive, as it's mainly the tarot people on the forums that tend to see the pre-order offers.

We've been a bit taken aback by the numbers of pre-orders so far and yes, I hope we're printing enough. But it's all we can afford - and we are doing a fair-sized print run probably on this one. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh - as another "thank-you" here is the new High Priestess. Okay, okay so we DID make some of the changes that were suggested - finally! It does feel more spiritual I think (btw, website still shows old one - it is a bit out of date right now as we've done quite a few new cards).

http://www.bohemian-cats.com/examples/c_highpriestess_small.jpg

Gardener

Praise, copious

Karen,

I love, I adore, I am so happy with your new High Priestess. She radiates whatever it is I most want High Priestesses to radiate. Love and wisdom, perhaps? I have the Blue Rose tarot, and a new Aeclectic friend pointed out that many High Priestesses are behind the veil, unapproachable, whereas the Blue Rose priestess is piercing the veil, coming into the room to greet you. It's a very welcoming card. Yours is also welcoming, and that warms my heart.

If this is the correct place to ask, let me ask - will there be a large-size limited edition? Or posters? How are we going to see all the amazing details????? I vote for a small run of LARGE cards.

PS I just put in my pre-order, thank you for the generous extra deck offer!

catdoc

high priestess

The new high priestess is lovely, and the setting works well. I hope the sweet black and white kitty will appear somewhere in the deck.

Deb

HudsonGray

I really like this new High Priestess a lot better, the sunset gives more depth too. (But my new favorite is the Hanged Cat!).

I was hoping the deck would be an oversized one, and think you should consider doing a larger one at some point, just for the extra oomph the cards have.

yve

I too like oversize decks. They are more visually appealing. When a deck has intricate borders, the smaller size takes away from the card images themselves, but I do understand that at this point with all the plans/pricing in place it isn't possible. But a bigger deck does pack more visual punch.

baba-prague

Yes - I just got it!

WhOOPS - sorry, just put a pm up here (oh dear, I must NOT do two things at once)

More on oversized decks in a minute - we are about to have a talk (can't call it a "meeting" with just two of us" on the feasiblity of this.

Mimers

Hi Karen,

Thanks for getting back to me. I read one of your posts where you were saying that you were hoping just to have enough in the first run to fill all the preorders and I panicked! :)

My sisters both have your site bookmarked, and we talk about the new cards you post all the time! They are not 'Tarot' people, but they are definitely 'cat' people! Perhaps I could post one of their readings here when the time comes. I have also been booked to do readings for their cats as well.

It just occured to me that I better tell them that I have ordered in case one of them tries to get one for me for my birthday in July.

Take care, Karen, and have fun!

Amy

baba-prague

Oh, if I said we would just have enough I must have meant something else? (or the fact that we will not extend the pre-order offer, we really will have to stop it in June). We will have plenty of decks and sets this year I think.

If we do the large limited edition set that will be VERY limited - probably 100 or so. The issue is time. We can't promise to make a lot of handmade decks. But we would love to do just some at very large size. These cards deserve it, but we don't know how feasible it is. There are only two of us - and the odd other person doing a few hours here and there. Posters and postcards are a different issue - much easier to do, but of course only of a few cards.

Anyway, more once I wrench Alex off the phone to the printer. I also (properly!) pm-ed you. I should do NOTHING in the mornings before I've had two cups of coffee :)