When you finish a deck, what do you do?

Lady Eclipse

Hello!

For me, finishing a tarot or divination deck has always been a big event that I like to commemorate by doing something really special. I'm curious as to what others like to do or plan to do to celebrate completing their deck(s)?

Joy to you,
Maralee

HudsonGray

Well, personally, I took the art to the printers!

The celebration was internal & involved chocolate.

Astra

The first time my deck was finished, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I started looking for people to talk to about it, which is when I found that I was going to have to make radical changes in the color composition of about 60% of the cards to have them come out well in print, and since I was doing that, there were a few other minor changes I decided to make....

The third time my deck was finished, I started hunting for printers. And deciding what I wanted to play with next. I left time to grin like crazy, and I'm still doing that once a day or so, but that was about it.

zachlost

when I finished my deck .... I resumed with my life. (only to find it wasn't there anymore)

I printed out my own set and laminated it.

I sent it off to publishers to see if they would bite :)

dolphingirl

After I finish my deck I sleep for about 12 hours. Followed by muttering to myself I need a vacation and I won't start another project for atleast a month. The next couple of days after I finish I get caught up on paperwork then start drawing the next deck lol!

I definitely love the idea of chocolate and lots of it!

Samantha

Lady Eclipse

HudsonGray said:
Well, personally, I took the art to the printers!

The celebration was internal & involved chocolate.

MMMMMMMMM, chocolate! Sounds like a delicious celebration to me. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

Astra said:
The first time my deck was finished, I breathed a sigh of relief. Then I started looking for people to talk to about it, which is when I found that I was going to have to make radical changes in the color composition of about 60% of the cards to have them come out well in print, and since I was doing that, there were a few other minor changes I decided to make....

The third time my deck was finished, I started hunting for printers. And deciding what I wanted to play with next. I left time to grin like crazy, and I'm still doing that once a day or so, but that was about it.

Hi,

I know what you mean, I have a tendency to "improve" my decks shortly after I think I'm finished. :) I learned to never say that I'm done until at least a few weeks have passed.

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

zachlost said:
when I finished my deck .... I resumed with my life. (only to find it wasn't there anymore)

I printed out my own set and laminated it.

I sent it off to publishers to see if they would bite :)

Hi,

I like to print out a personal copy or two too. Have you heard anything yet?

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

dolphingirl said:
After I finish my deck I sleep for about 12 hours. Followed by muttering to myself I need a vacation and I won't start another project for atleast a month. The next couple of days after I finish I get caught up on paperwork then start drawing the next deck lol!

I definitely love the idea of chocolate and lots of it!

Samantha

Hi,

Sounds like a good idea. I can't remember the last time I had 12 hours of sleep. Vacation...what's that? LOL.

It doesn't take long to get that creative urge going again, does it? :)

Joy to you,
Maralee

Lady Eclipse

Hi,

I suppose it's time to answer my own post. :) I like to have the special celebration have at least something to do with the theme of the deck.

The Lady Eclipse Tarot: I had a pendant custom made depicting an eclipse. You can see it in my Catch a Falling Star deck on the last page of the majors.

The Soul Reflections Tarot: I bought a new scrying mirror.

The Catch a Falling Star Tarot: I'm getting my belly button pierced. The charm is three falling stars.

The C. C. Deck: I bought a 13" lapis/semi precious stone inlaid globe.

The A. P. Tarot: I haven't decided yet but it will need to be something very unique.

Of course, my hubby and I celebrate each deck's completion by having a nice dinner, going to a movie, and then some romantic time alone. :)

Joy to you,
Maralee