Which kind of gemstone/crystal should be used for cleansing/charging Tarot decks?

hollikristine

I personally like to keep citrine with my cards (natural citrine, not the heat treated amethyst). I find citrine is a great cleanser that doesn't retain negative energy like some stones.

missy

Woops, I forgot to answer the question about cleansing a tarot deck! :D I use the light of the full moon, not crystals, to cleanse a deck. Initially when I receive a deck, I cleanse the cards by putting them outside on the ground during a full moon. It may take more than one night during the full moon and I am very careful of the cards, since I live in an area of high humidity.

If I really feel a deck needs a second round of cleansing, I will arrange the cards in order and either again put them on the ground under a full moon, or I will put the cards in a window ledge that faces the full moon. I will shut the door to the room, and get the room as dark as possible so it can fill with as much moonlight as possible.

I also use the light of the full moon to cleanse crystals.

I don't use crystals to cleanse a tarot deck. I use them more to protect the deck, and to keep it in good working order. Some of the desirable properties of the crystals I chose I went over in my last post. If I could only pick two crystals, I would pick clear quartz and amethyst. But I really like all of the crystals in my collection and feel that all of them collectively together are a good balance. :) Properties I find desirable in crystals are protective powers, increase in psychic energy, and to repel negative energy.

WillowRose

I keep a small piece of clear quartz in with each of my decks

F.M. Tarot

missy_ said:
Woops, I forgot to answer the question about cleansing a tarot deck! :D I use the light of the full moon, not crystals, to cleanse a deck. Initially when I receive a deck, I cleanse the cards by putting them outside on the ground during a full moon. It may take more than one night during the full moon and I am very careful of the cards, since I live in an area of high humidity.

If I really feel a deck needs a second round of cleansing, I will arrange the cards in order and either again put them on the ground under a full moon, or I will put the cards in a window ledge that faces the full moon. I will shut the door to the room, and get the room as dark as possible so it can fill with as much moonlight as possible.

I also use the light of the full moon to cleanse crystals.

I don't use crystals to cleanse a tarot deck. I use them more to protect the deck, and to keep it in good working order. Some of the desirable properties of the crystals I chose I went over in my last post. If I could only pick two crystals, I would pick clear quartz and amethyst. But I really like all of the crystals in my collection and feel that all of them collectively together are a good balance. :) Properties I find desirable in crystals are protective powers, increase in psychic energy, and to repel negative energy.

Hi Missy!

Maybe you (and all the other wise crystal people too) can help me! :)

I've read Tarot for a long time, but have only very recently been very drawn to buying a crystal for my decks, decks? I really have no idea where to start!

Actually I have done very intense and personal oracle readings with my Wild Wisdom of the Faery Oracle and Dragonfae oracle and this has awakened in me a strong desire to start using crystals in my tarot work and my spellwork with the cards.

Where do I start? Would a clear quartz crystal be the best all-around? Do any of you use different crystals for different decks? How many clear crystals should I buy, do I need one for every deck I plan on using it with?

Thank you for any help! :heart: One little thing though, I am very low on money and am going to be for a very long time too sadly. If you could suggest maybe a place online where I could find the best ones at a cheaper price? :)

Morgane_49

I would recommend clear quartz as a starting point! It is an 'amplifier', so it will amplify the energy of your deck, as well as keep them cleansed and ready for use.

I have a nice sized cluster that I put on top of a new tarot deck for a few days after I get it. Of course, I'll remove the deck and shuffle now and then, just to keep it infused with my energy.

A small piece would work just as well!

As I said, clear quartz is self cleansing, and will cleanse other objects, but I still do a bit of a cleansing ritual with every gemstone that I buy. I guess I'm a little obsessive compulsive that way!

I also have a large amethyst cluster that I use just prior to doing a reading (for someone else) with a specific deck. Amethyst sooths and calms me, and seems to do the same for my deck - I use it to remove residual energies from the last reading I did with it!

morticia monroe

F.M. Tarot said:
One little thing though, I am very low on money and am going to be for a very long time too sadly. If you could suggest maybe a place online where I could find the best ones at a cheaper price? :)

I strongly recommend Morticia's House of Quartz. ;)

You have a PM.

F.M. Tarot

morticia monroe said:
I strongly recommend Morticia's House of Quartz. ;)

You have a PM.

Really! I see that I have a PM, and from you ;) I wonder who's shop that could be? :laugh:

Thank you! And to you too Morgane_49 :heart: I do believe I am going to buy a clear quartz to start off with, it sounds like the perfect choice! I too have a soft spot for amethyst and citrine (ok well a few others too lol), does citrine have any special properties concerning tarot?

Morgane_49

Citrine is also a great cleansing stone and regenerator, so it would be a good one to keep in the bag with your deck between readings. (It never needs cleansing, either!)

It's a good grounding stone to hold in your hand prior to starting your reading, at at completion.

A special bonus about citrine (regarding tarot) is that it opens intuition!

F.M. Tarot

Morgane_49 said:
Citrine is also a great cleansing stone and regenerator, so it would be a good one to keep in the bag with your deck between readings. (It never needs cleansing, either!)

It's a good grounding stone to hold in your hand prior to starting your reading, at at completion.

A special bonus about citrine (regarding tarot) is that it opens intuition!

Thanks so much! Now I know why I am always so drawn to citrine, I need grounding in so many ways, and very much so with my tarot and oracle cards. I have a strong tendency to flit about in the clouds, my imagination and fanasty ;)

faerieluca

could someone PM me with the info for Morticia's House of Quartz?