Gems or stones for happiness/joy

starsofnorth

Sometimes I feel good with emerald or jade.

Anyone else?

Snowhunter

I have a carnelian palm stone that I love to hold because I get a calm, fuzzy feeling from it. I was at a metaphysical store today and got a happy, peaceful feeling from a tumbled angelite but I ended up coming home with a kyanite. I noticed the stones that make me happy are the smooth ones that I can play with absentmindedly while doing something else. I could probably get the same effect from something around the house but crystals are pretty!

starsofnorth

The texture of a stone affects you--that is interesting!
Size or texture don't seem to matter to me.

Snowhunter

It seems to be a recent development. I love the look of raw, unpolished stones but sharp edges gives me that nails on chalkboard feeling. I don't know if this is a no-no in the crystal community but I took a fine grit sandpaper today and smoothed down the ones that really bothered me. Just knowing they were in the room made me uncomfortable.

Another crystal that perks me up is clear quartz especially when I look at it in direct sunlight. The rainbows and reflections are calming, and sometimes when I'm trying to fall asleep at night I remember and see them in my mind.

jolie_amethyst

I tend to only carry smooth polished stones as well, so consequently those spend the most time with me...which means I get the most out of them. My palm sized polished labradorite is my most used calming/de-stressing/"be happy" stone. It's usually in my pocket during the day, and it's not uncommon for it to end up under my pillow at night.

kipahni

Pineapple Calcite. It promotes joy and teaches that happiness is a choice. All calcite also gently remove things/habits/energies that no longer serve a purpose.

earl

Definitely Sunstone. I am taking up law, and there are a lot of times wherein I get so stressed out thinking that I won't survive. But meditating with sunstone helps me feel better. It gives me that "everything's gonna be alright" feeling.

UrbanBramble

Peridot. Calm, uplifting, can be a little too "cloying" for people - it was described to me as someone telling you to smile - if you are truly upset about something it might just come off as annoying, but if you need a general pick me up it's excellent. It's green and resonates with the heart chakra. It's also a good general healing stone so if sadness is based in stuff you need to heal from it's good to have around, and if you have health problems it can be helpful.

RavenDarkWind

I'm pretty new to the whole gem thing, but I think rose quartz is good for happiness.

starsofnorth

How wonderful all of your experiences are!

I've been thinking of getting a calcite myself.

Peridot DOES annoy me, or make me feel worse.