Housewives Tarot Moon

Grizabella

This card shows a woman in a negligee gown blissfully sleeping on a bare mattress and boxspring, with a jar of cold cream floating on a cloud above her and a benign, sweetly smiling moon above her. There are some stars in the sky and a couple of clouds, one of which also has a game card on it. There are some sheep moving past the front of the mattress/boxspring.

I've been wondering why the mattress set has no sheets on it. This looks to me like an advertisement for a mattress company.

Also, I vaguely remember those game cards, but does anyone else remember how they worked? My aunt got one from somewhere and what a person did was punch out little spaces on the card, which was a double thickness of cardboard. Once the little circle was punched out, you took the two pieces apart and there was a money amount the person was supposed to pay for the spaces that had been punched out, but one of the spaces would contain the name of a prize that they'd win instead. I think this little game card is significant to the meaning of the Moon card, so that's why I'm wondering if anyone else can remember the specifics of how this worked.

Red Kite

This card has a nice, friendly feel about it. Peaceful and not threatening in the least. Some of the other moon cards I've seen are a little scary. This one says it's ok and quite safe to follow your instincts and intuition. The smiley moon is on your side, and watching over you.

There are 5 stars and 5 sheep. Is this number significant?

The card isn't a game card, it contains 10 (2 rows of 5!) snap on hair rollers/curlers. They were semi rigid plastic with an elastic band and ball at one end. You rolled sections of hair round it, pulled the elastic over and the ball fitted in the ther end of the roller securing it. They were VERY uncomfortable, and you wouldn't have got a very good night's sleep wearing them. She doesn't appear to be using them.....she's sleeping far too well!

I can't fathom why there is no linen on the bed, she's very glam and doesn't look like she would sleep on a bed without beautiful sheets.

Stregaverde

I interpret this card as you all have, very non-threateningly, listen to your dreams, sink into your intuition, etc. But the other side is the side of the mattress advertisement--is this just an ad? A fake? Beware what seems wonderful, but is really false. In reality she'd be counting sheep with those curlers in her head, not glamourously and peacefully sleeping (especially without sheets). And while I think that the sheets are absent because it mimics a matress ad, I do think that the fact also says that if something doesn't seem right, examine it further--it probably isn't what it seems to be.

Grizabella

I think you're right about the lack of sheets meaning something isn't right. I did get this uneasy feeling because I just hate a mattress without sheets, but it was bothering me at a subconscious level, so I didn't actually think of it as you did. Thanks for the insight.

Red Kite, I do see now that these are hair curlers, but they're not the kind with the rubber band and ball. Those came later as rollers for permanents. These are those pink ones with the pink shell that snapped on over them, now that I look more closely. And she's sleeping sweetly because she doesn't have those darned rollers in her hair.

Red Kite

Lyric. This card has dominated my thoughts since I saw your posting. I had to get the magnifying glass out, just to be sure that they were curlers.

Not only has the lack of sheets been bugging me, but the position of the sheep.

Cast your mind back to all the story books you've ever seen which have depicted people counting sheep. All of them have the sheep above their heads/bodies. These sheep are below her. She's on a different plane, soaking up all those intuitive suggestions that the moon is whispering to her.

Somebody, please come up with some suggestions about the lack of bed linen!!

Vadella

The bed has been stripped... unmasked... straight down to what it is. Maybe as she sleeps her concerns are also being stripped and umasked... she is available to receive answers in her slumber. [unless she is like me and can't remember her dreams :p ]

Subconscious being revealed.

annik

Maybe she haven't finished all her chore? She had hit the bed because being too tired. Or she is dreaming about beauty tips. Or she is the modern woman of the sleeping beauty story.

On a more serious note, I agree with the subconcious. Maybe the sheet would had added too much layers. Personnally, I wonder why the mattress seems to be floating. She doesn't look like Samantha! lol! Maybe it's represent a dream state.

bladeraven

annik said:
Maybe she haven't finished all her chore? She had hit the bed because being too tired. Or she is dreaming about beauty tips. Or she is the modern woman of the sleeping beauty story.

On a more serious note, I agree with the subconcious. Maybe the sheet would had added too much layers. Personnally, I wonder why the mattress seems to be floating. She doesn't look like Samantha! lol! Maybe it's represent a dream state.

Given it's a housewife....it could be interpreted as take it easy....don't overdo yourself and just "let go" reminded me of my horoscope for today that went :
"The stars and the fairies are in a wonderful sort of competition for your love and admiration dear Libra. They shower an incredible amount of love on you. Use this love to get lost in the wild, wild atmosphere today. Today, you can do absolutely anything you please. You're going to laugh in the face of convention, taboos, and danger. You needed someone to listen to you and support you, and now you can just abandon yourself to living!"

In a way...that's how i've interpret the card...just let go...don't worry about the day to day chores...they will always be there but they too will pass.....

LizA

Dreaming and intuitin. Make the most of your dream as it can be a creative and productive process. This is the time when mind talk stops, as it does in meditation, and carlity and intuitiveness prevails. Exercise caution however, you may be exposed to uncertain elements (i.e. no sheets, blankets etc.)

FallynRaiyn

I was sure they were curlers too, and the cold cream.... she hasn't used either of these items, her hair is still perfectly done, and her make-up is flawless. She's still wearing bright red lipstick and most likely mascara. Her eyelashes are too thick and fabulous not to be, maybe even some false lashes. And she seems posed. ...who sleeps like that? so beautiful and sensually posed. ...like she's expecting someone to see her. maybe she's not even asleep?

if you were in the middle of changing sheets and got so tired in the middle of the job that you had to pass out on the bare mattress ...wouldn't you be all akimbo in your housewife clothes, maybe with your hair up and no makeup, and there would be drool and snoring? if you're THAT tired?

speaking of....not only are there no sheets, but there is no pillow either. talk about uncomfortable.

and yes, the sheep on the mattress instead of over her are curious and a little off putting.
something is definitely not "right" about this picture.