Cranes in the Sky - A Spread for Letting Go

obeygravity

I've been pretty in love with Solange's latest album - A Seat At The Table and keep finding myself coming back to her track Cranes in the Sky. It's become a rather therapeutic/meditative song for me and eventually found myself wanting to make a spread inspired by it. The spread itself is set up to be therapeutic and introspective while giving pro-active guidance on how to get yourself out of a mental/emotional situation that you're having difficulty moving past. In a lot of ways, it's basically a modified Celtic Cross but that spread format never seemed to work well for me but I did this one myself and it certainly was quite revealing (albeit expected but I guess the confirmation is nice :laugh: ) so hopefully it'll help other people who are finding themselves also in a tough mental/emotional spot that they're trying to break out of.

The Spread Layout: https://postimg.org/image/63yu8lwb1/

Cranes in the Sky Spread

1. "I tried to drink it away
I tried to put one in the air
I tried to dance it away
I tried to change it with my hair" - What are you currently not facing directly

2 (crosses 1). "I ran my credit card bill up
Thought a new dress would make it better
I tried to work it away
But that just made me even sadder" - What are you doing to avoid dealing with it directly?

3."I tried to keep myself busy
I ran around in circles
Think I made myself dizzy" - What cycles and habits are you falling back on that are hindering you?

4. "I slept it away, I sexed it away
I read it away" - What cycles and habits are you falling back on that are helping you?

5. "Well it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Yeah it's like cranes in the sky
Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds" - What part of this process of letting go is causing the greatest obstacle?

6. "I tried to run it away
Thought then my head be feeling clearer
I traveled 70 states
Thought moving around make me feel better" - Where you currently stand in the process of letting go?

7. "I tried to let go my lover
Thought if I was alone then maybe I could recover
To write it away or cry it away" - What's left for you to face?

8. "Don't you cry it baby" - What needs to be done to finally release and move forward to the next stage in letting go (Advice)

9 & 10 (to be read together). "Away, away, away, away, away, away
Away, away, away, away, away" - Where you will find yourself once this process is complete

RiverRunsDeep

Based on the shadow work I've been doing, this spread is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for sharing it!

obeygravity

Based on the shadow work I've been doing, this spread is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Yay! I Hope it proves useful to you :)