Lo Scarabeo: Tarot Compendium Kickstarter

Shade

It begins again, the campaign is live on this page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loscarabeo/tarot-compendium?ref=discovery

It looks like they are opting for a two week campaign. From that page:

"Tarot Compendium is the third and final volume of our Tarot Encyclopedia project. We're again looking for support from the worldwide Tarot community, just like with the first two books.

Tarot Experience is the final book in the series, and will build on the base established by Tarot Fundamentals, in order to guide its reader towards more advanced contents."

Is anyone else intrigued by the advanced content? I passed on the first two but interestingly enough:

"The campaign is launching in 24 hours from now and it will be possible for backers to also get their copy of Tarot Fundamentals and/or Tarot Experience by pledging Tarot Compendium!"

Achlys

The campaign is open now :)

I backed it for the book and the Etteilla Tarot deck...I'm haven't heard much about the deck but apparently it's a limited edition.

I have the first two and they were good guides. Kind of like textbooks for Tarot 101 and Tarot 102. I'm curious to see how in-depth the content will be for this book. I felt like the first two overlapped quite a bit and am hoping that this one is more of an independent edition that doesn't rely on the other two.

I am praying with all my heart that the typos are kept to a minimum in this edition. It's not a deal breaker, but it throws a book off for me since I'm a natural editor.

Shade

I've updated the first post with the link to the campaign.

rwcarter

I am praying with all my heart that the typos are kept to a minimum in this edition. It's not a deal breaker, but it throws a book off for me since I'm a natural editor.
High School is more than 30 years behind me. I had 2 Queens and a Diva for English teachers in my 4 years of high school. My teacher senior year would automatically fail you if you wrote a run-on or fragment sentence and came right out and told us that he wouldn't let anyone graduate who did that. So those type of lessons have stuck with me all these years and I find lots of typos, especially those that are easily corrected using a Spell Checker, annoying in a professionally published book.

It's a 30 day campaign, not a 14 day campaign as Shade originally posted. I was hoping there would be other perks beside the Etteilla deck, but I'll go for that when I get home tonight.

Rodney

gregory

The campaign is open now :)

I backed it for the book and the Etteilla Tarot deck...I'm haven't heard much about the deck but apparently it's a limited edition.

I have the first two and they were good guides. Kind of like textbooks for Tarot 101 and Tarot 102. I'm curious to see how in-depth the content will be for this book. I felt like the first two overlapped quite a bit and am hoping that this one is more of an independent edition that doesn't rely on the other two.

Me too and I used to be a proofreader too. That said - Italians are so bad at this stuff. I complained to them about the last one. Then I went to a state museum in Ferrara - where the translations - grammar, totally inappropriate words and spellings are a million times worse.

I begin to think it's a THING !

Shade

Maybe an English proof-reader could be a stretch goal.

rwcarter

Maybe an English proof-reader could be a stretch goal.
:laugh: :joke: :laugh:

Most word processing programs have built-in spell check capability. It's just a matter of running the spell check program once the manuscript is completed....

Rodney

gregory

:laugh: :joke: :laugh:

Most word processing programs have built-in spell check capability. It's just a matter of running the spell check program once the manuscript is completed....

Rodney
ER - no.

I had a dyslexic boss who used to use a spellchecker religiously. I got to take over proofreading his thesis after the day he came up with the sentence "this situation is without president" as well as some very unfortunate uses of the word pubic...

Babalon Jones

ER - no.

I had a dyslexic boss who used to use a spellchecker religiously. I got to take over proofreading his thesis after the day he came up with the sentence "this situation is without president" as well as some very unfortunate uses of the word pubic...
LOL

originally I was going to get all three volumes even though all I really had interest in content wise was Volume 3. I just thought the set would be cool to own and wanted it for my library.

I got Volume 1 through the Kickstarter despite the fact that I felt weird that a major publisher was using the Kickstarter platform. Why not I guess but it seems more for helping artists than corporations, but whatever, I got over that as I guess they have the right to use it too.

I bought it anyway but sold it here on AT because while I think the hardcover presentation was very well made and a quality printing, the content did not speak to me and I absolutely hated the stock photos. So I gave up on the idea of the set. I waited for reviews of Volume 2 and it sounded like more of the same content wise and more stock photos based on what others commented on so I passed on it.

Now I hesitate to buy V3 even though it was the one I wanted from the start and still am curious about, in case it is just more stock photos and predictable content. I still might want to get it to decide for myself but I think I would rather wait to hear reviews and pay more after the fact than do the Kickstarter and end up selling it. I no longer have room on my bookshelves for books I do not want, they are groaning with the weight of my terrible book addiction.

I wonder if any of the comments were taken into consideration to improve this final volume, or if the same "formula" was used. The idea was brilliant but the overall textbook like product in the end disappointed me in V1 and based on what I read probably would have in V2. V3 was the one I wanted to begin with but I guess I will wait eagerly for reviews and get one later if it sounds more in line with my hopes for it. Hopefully they hired someone to take really appropriate photos and make customized illustrations but more importantly put in all original and truly advanced and not dumbed down content without redundancy.

SarahJoy

Now I hesitate to buy V3 even though it was the one I wanted from the start and still am curious about, in case it is just more stock photos and predictable content. I still might want to get it to decide for myself but I think I would rather wait to hear reviews and pay more after the fact than do the Kickstarter and end up selling it. I no longer have room on my bookshelves for books I do not want, they are groaning with the weight of my terrible book addiction.

I wonder if any of the comments were taken into consideration to improve this final volume, or if the same "formula" was used. The idea was brilliant but the overall textbook like product in the end disappointed me in V1 and based on what I read probably would have in V2. V3 was the one I wanted to begin with but I guess I will wait eagerly for reviews and get one later if it sounds more in line with my hopes for it. Hopefully they hired someone to take really appropriate photos and make customized illustrations but more importantly put in all original and truly advanced and not dumbed down content without redundancy.

They have the Table of Contents and a sample chapter available on the Kickstarter. Based on those, honestly, I'm guessing you would be disappointed with the third book. I'm not blown away by the topics covered, and the "formula" is the same. Basic textbook presentation; not a lot of depth; lots of stock photos and white space.

I've backed it, but the set is not what I would have wished for.