When One Door Closes Another Door Opens Spread (2) by Glass Owl

Glass Owl

When One Door Closes Another Door Opens Spread (2) by Glass Owl

"When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Lay two cards, face down, as shown and then turn them over one by one.

1--2

1. What Is Behind The Closed Door
This represents what has come before or is out of reach. You keep returning to this closed door but you no longer have the key to open it. It is time for you to move on. I suggest placing the rest of the deck on top of this card so it can not longer be seen and then turn your attention to the next card in the spread.

2. What Is Beyond The Open Door
This represents possibilities and what is within your reach. This door is not only unlocked but it is wide open. What lies behind this doorway deserves your time and energy. Imagining yourself walking through this open door and embracing what this card is offering you.

RunningWild

This looks like an interesting spread. Thanks Glass Owl!

Zelmira

I love it! Clear and to the point! Thanks for sharing.
Zelmira

MsRed

What a great idea to transform this saying into a spread!
Thank you very much for sharing!

amethyst57

great quote from Mr.Bell...and cool idea for a 2 card spread, Glass Owl....

Glass Owl

I'm glad you guys like it. It came to me in a vivid dream... I was writing it in my sleep! I was shuffling a deck of cards and as I was laying down the cards I could see the doors. I remember seeing the one door and then it slammed shut and I couldn't open it.

Zelmira

That is sooooo cool!!!!

DownwardSpiral

Oh I like this spread : ) I think it would work great with oracle cards as well. LOL and I keep wanting to add a third card....What will get you through that door.

Thank you so much for sharing Glass Owl!

Glass Owl

Oh I like this spread : ) I think it would work great with oracle cards as well. LOL and I keep wanting to add a third card....What will get you through that door.

Thank you so much for sharing Glass Owl!
I think that this spread would work great with oracle cards too. Feel free to modify this spread and include a third card position if you'd like!

mimet

Wow - thank you!

I am still kind of in shock at this simple spread but how profound it is. I will probably post a link to my interpretation link once I get my head around this..

Card 1 - Death - I dont think I have ever drawn this card before.
Card 2 - The World

Just amazing. I feel like your dream was just for me!

A Million Thanks..