Double Celtic Cross.

Free Spirit

Hi,
I've been studying the tarot for a while.
And found my book. The idiots guide to Tarot.
I'm interested in doing the double celtic cross.
Has anyone used this spread and what do you do about laying out the cards.
Do you lay all twenty, one after the other. Or do you read the first ten and then go back and lay the next ten cards before you read them.
Maybe you do something different. I would be interested to know what you do.

minrice

I've never read more than 10 cards, occassionally I'll turn up 3 additional cards at most if one of them is unclear.
I would imagine that a double cross would generally be taken the way a single cross is, all at once and then the cards read in conjunction with one another as a whole. But as tarot is inuitive I don't think there is any wrong way to do it, you can always take a spread and "make it your own".
Also, less is sometimes more. You might get the same answer using 10 cards as you would 20.

WalesWoman

When I first started reading, I did the biggest spreads I could find and made up my own huge ones and might spend a week figuring out what it all meant, especially if I started trying to figure out all the symbolism in each card. Mostly I ended up with more questions than answers and confused.

Since then, I have decided less is more and pretty much stick to 7 and under spreads.

But as to your question, I think I'd lay out the first 10 and use the second 10 as clarifiers to help define the first set.

tarotlova

Hi

I use this spread alot when I want a detailed answer to my question and I deal them out all at once, but as always with Tarot do what feels right, I have written about this spread in the spread section, I love it its one of the best spreads for complicated questions I have come across, infact I love that book too!

GreenMoonBeam

tarotlova said:
Hi

I use this spread alot when I want a detailed answer to my question and I deal them out all at once, but as always with Tarot do what feels right, I have written about this spread in the spread section, I love it its one of the best spreads for complicated questions I have come across, infact I love that book too!

That is such a great answer. I go nowhere near such spreads. Would trip over
myself if I did. But, and no doubt I may even be slowing myself down, I ponder
the question, then do say no more than a 7 card spread. Might look into getting
that book. :love:
GB!:)

Morwenna

WalesWoman said:
But as to your question, I think I'd lay out the first 10 and use the second 10 as clarifiers to help define the first set.

That's the way I do it, but only if I need (or the client needs) clarification. Sometimes I only modify certain cards.