The Housewives Tarot - study group discussion

Red Kite

My deck hasn't arrived yet, but it's on it's way apparently! Daily draw sounds good to me.

Red Kite

Red Kite

It's arrived, and I can't let its arrival go unannounced. The packaging is superb. It is in a distinctive and sturdy box, and the deck itself is everything I hoped it would be. The descriptions in the book are very crisp and clear. I have yet to do a reading with it, but will be going down that route in an hour or two.

From first impressions it would make a brilliant gift for a tarot enthusiast. It is incredibly good value for money and looks like it should have cost twice as much as I paid for it. Perhaps Amazon made a mistake? Sssshhhhhhhhh!!

Red Kite

geministar

I received this deck in the mail the other day. I love the packaging for it. Little sturdy box and dividers separating the major and minor arcana and another divider separating the instruction book. There is also recipes on the backs of each dividers!! Its such a fun deck

I really love the hermit card in this deck. This housewife soaks in a bath! Now a nice long soak in a bath sounds really great at the moment.

silverwings94

Housewife's Tarot

I have ordered my deck and waiting very patiently for its arrival. I can relate to it being born in 1950 and seeing alot of the things that are on the cards.
I can't wait to use it
Silverwings94

Disa

I got mine just a few minutes ago. I didn't think I would relate at all, since I am not a housewife and I was born in 1970, but I find I really like this deck. It's funny and really easy to relate to- afterall, the experiences that moms and wives go through really are not confined to a time period, and we still need to remember to take time out for ourselves. (Like the Hermit in the bubble bath ;) )

Disa

Konata

sorry for bringing up such an old thread, but i really like this deck, and i would like to learn more from the study groups of this deck...... ^_^

this is my favorite deck for my daily-readings.

strings of life

Rinse. Repeat.

* dusts off thread *

Literally and figuratively.

I've been using this deck for daily draws over the past few weeks and just secured a second copy (one of the few I have). I've been busy (always feel like I am), and haven't logged or blogged about my Tarot findings, joys, pains, etc. in what feels like forever.

This deck is just fun. And it reads extremely well. The symbolism is far from esoteric, but quirky, fun and defines the meaning of the card. I don't even mind the different ordering of The Empress, The Emperor, The High Priestess and Hierophant (the creator's defend their reasoning here.

I'm going to intensely studying another deck in the Fall, but would like to revive this study group. Is anyone interested in joining me? I'm just going to post as I draw.

strings of life

Oh look, I'm bumping a thread where I posted last. Has it been 6 months?

It's a new year and I'm rediscovering my not-so-new decks. I'm really looking for a balance with the decks that I use and the Housewives has been a constant. It's one of my favorite decks for quite some time.

If anyone else wants to join in with a study, I figured I'd revive this thread. It's punchy and kitchy, and so, so amazing!

Queen of Disks

I will study with you (I am already down here with the Connolly threads.) It's one of my favorites and I think more modern and relatable then other decks are.

strings of life

Queen of Disks said:
I will study with you (I am already down here with the Connolly threads.) It's one of my favorites and I think more modern and relatable then other decks are.
Hooray! I am working with another deck too (The Steampunk Tarot), but will dive right in starting this weekend.

It's always nicer to start out with someone else.

We can post the cards as they come across them in each of our draws. I think that works best and is easier than going in order. But, if you prefer going in order, or working with Majors, than Minors, than Courts (doesn't have to be in order in each of those), we can do that too.