TdM which express' the emotions most

Gulliver

What for a deck express' the emotions most, you think? To let us feel the emotions are only a few brush marks necessary. Which Tarot de Marseille do this best? I'm interested in your opinions.

Gulliver

The reason for my posting is a new acquirement (CBD). :)

In regard to this I've looked at a lot of pictures and have compared. So I saw the Dodal amongst others. The eyes are so odd partially, it's really cool. I couldn't decide between Flornoys Dodal and the CBD for awhile (maybe later the Dodal will come to me, too). I have to laugh whenever I look at the star card, the women is boss-eyed. The human beings on the Dodal really have a strong expression generally, you can imagine living persons with a unique character. I like it very much. The same is true for the CBD, the persons aren't very strange but very alive.

jema

I love the dodal cause not only is there a lot of expression in the people in the majors and courts but you can find a lot from such simple cards as the pips too. Just the way some wands struggle and others fit in, placement and details on the coins and cups etc.
While it is a 'cleaned up' deck it kept all the quirks!
So I am a huge fan of the Flornoy Dodal.

Gulliver

Thank you for the reply, jema!

Good to know, that it kept all the quirks! I like the eyes of the humans very much! They are so subtle in the expression. Really like the people would be alive. And the odness is ingenious. It touches me.

Sulis

I'd say the CBD and the Dodal by Flornoy..
The CBD is the deck I use for readings and part of the reason for that is the small changes made to 'modernise' the faces. I just think the people in this deck look so chatty and alive, there's real personality and movement in them, you can imagine them thinking and feeling; that makes it very easy to read.

BSwett

I would also like to suggest the Vieville deck. It's a different kind of french deck, but not too far removed from the traditional TdM. I believe that the faces show emotions like few other decks.

The SIVILIXI 78 Vieville is affordable and available.

B.

Gulliver

Hi Sulis and BSwett,

thank you very much for your replies! Your thoughts, Sulis, have been mine in the decision for the CBD (<3). It is very appealing how the eyes have been drawn (with thickly eyelids, hahaha - but it's the same for many TdM's, I LOVE this) and the expression modernised. Really, they look very chatty and alive. I'm getting excited to work with them soon.

I will look at the Vieville, BSwett. Thank you for your suggestion! Ah yes, I've seen it. It seems to be sensitive, the brush mark is fine and the images look detailed.

Inconnu

Tarot de Marsella Robledo

Since I first saw it here.

I can't deny the CBD or the Camoin-Jodorowsky's appeal. I have them along with some historic reproductions. But Pablo's captured something special in his designs & execution. I've been using it exclusively.

See it here;

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=168526

Richard

The ISIS is very expressive, often in a humorous way. Here's a sample:

Attachments

• isis.jpg
    isis.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 153

Gulliver

Hi Inconnu and LRichard,

thank you for your recommandations!

First I didn't like the marseille style of decks and now I have to see, that all (at least it seemed to be so) TdM's are very expressive. If I look long on the images, then the people come to life and speak... It is really a difficult decision, which TdM will be the right for oneself. Phew, how good, that I have decided already. In the next few days the CBD will arrive and maybe at a later point the Flornoys Dodal will follow (the human beings are so melancholic, I have taken them to my heart too).